Heel Trouble

I making slipper socks from a pattern from Patons website http://www.patonsyarns.com/data/pattern/pdf/Patons_ClassicWoolweb4_kn_slippersocks.en_US.pdf I understand all the instructions exept when it comes to make the heel it explains how many stitches need to be on each needle and then comes where I don’t understand:

Break yarn, (how much yarn should I leave) It goes on with the pattern for making the heel ( I understand that part)

Shaping the heel is the next part I don’t understand the pattern reads:

1st row P20 P2tog P1 [B]TURN[/B]
2nd row Sl1, K2, Sl1, K1, psso, K1 [B]TURN[B]
3rd row Sl1, P10, P2tog, P1 [B]TURN[/B]

I am working with 35 stitches for the heel. I don’t understand what TURN means, and what I do with the rest of the stitches. Any advice would help.

Thanks,
Mags:knitting:

turn, meens to turn your work as you would at the end of a row so that you are going back the other way. ignore the stitches you have not worked, they will be delt with later.

I turned a whole heel of this pattern to see if it worked. It does. At first I thought it didn’t but I had made a mistake. BTW when you begin the heel turning part of this pattern you should only have 31 stitches, not 35. You had 35 at the beginning of the “Make Heel” part, but in row 1 of that part you had a direction to (P2tog, P6) 4 times in that row. That would decrease 4 stitches so, 35-4=31. I worked the heel over 31 and it works and you end up with 13 like it says.