Glass Knitting Needles

I want, no I NEED GB Glass knitting needles. I bid on a pair on EBay but
lost :frowning: They used to be sellers on Ebay. Once in a while a pair of their
needles comes up for sale, like the ones I didn’t win. They are beautiful!
Does anyone know what happened to them? And where else can I get their needles? Thanks, Vera

I have seen theirs on ebay, but not sure where else you could get that same brand. Check out this link. They have some pretty ones for sale…Also this link. Hope this helps… :smiley:

Wow, those needles are gorgeous!!! I want them too now!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I saw some today at a place called Hill Country Weavers in Austin, TX. You can Google the # if you aren’t having any luck finding them anywhere else.
I’m a beginning knitter (at age 50, no less!) so I don’t quite understand what is so special about them. Are they easier to use?

I don’t think too many people use them. They’re just so darned pretty!!

I’d be afraid to break one :shifty:

Wouldn’t that be the irony of a lifetime. You buy glass knitting needles and then cut yourself so badly you can’t knit. :rofling:

:shock: That would be horrible!

I think knitting with glass would be the same as knitting with those thin bamboo knitting needles. Or would glass be stronger? :??

I’m sure the glass needles are tempered to make them stronger, and I doubt they come too thin, but that’s just my common sense talking.

They probably are tempered.

If I ever got a pair, they would only be used on special occasions. :wink:

Cinderella loses her glass needle as she leaves the knitting club.

Prince charming hunts high and low and in every lys for her - all along the way he asks each lady he sees - “pardon me, but do you have a sample of your knitting? I would like the check the gauge.”

Alas every sample of knitting he sees is in a gauge just too darn big to be Cinderella’s. But just as he is about to give up he spots one last lys and the rest is a fairy tale ending.

The motto of this tale - “People who knit with glass needles should not use yarn made of rocks” :happydance:

:roflhard: :thumbsup: :cheering:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I just found what I’m going to knit to keep my glass needles safe. I have 2 pair from GB Glass. I also noticed she hasn’t posted any on EBay lately. I have another pair from EBay, although I can’t remember from whom. “Splendid Stitiches” I think.They’re all made of borosillicate (ex. Pyrex) so they are quite strudy but I’m sure not completely unbreakable. They are very slippery to knit with. I haven’t used them much really, but they do “work” :wink:

Anyhoo, iI have the 2nd issue of Magical Knitting from Cat Bhordi and there are felted needle cozies in it I am going to make for my glass needles.

Here’s a previous post with pics of my glass needles. As I mentioned there, the pics don’t do them justice! :heart:

Do you need a specific gauge? If you could live with “close enough” I might be able to make some (as soon as I get the ventilation situation in my glass studio straightened out, that is – not in the next couple of weeks unfortunately). I work boro and soft glass.

Are you still searching for glass needles? I carry Namaste and they are wonderful!

https://id306.securedata.net/sandrasingh.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=108_278&products_id=759

I’ve got a pair of the Michael and Shiela Ernst ones (that Danielle linked) and I love them!! They have a lifetime warranty, too- if anything happened, I’d just mail it to them, and they would mail it back all fixed, or replaced. So yummy!