Get to know your knitters

ok so I took the cheesy “get to know you, e-mail everyone on your address list” spam

1. How long have you been knitting?

2. What inspirred you to learn?

3. English or Contiental

4. What was your first project?

5. If #4 was scarf :wink: what was your first non-scarf project?

6. What are you working on now?

7. What is something you really, really want to start?

8 ) What is a project you aspire to?

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn?

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen?

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!)

Ok, I’ll bite!!

1. How long have you been knitting? [color=violet]Since last summer regularly. Grandma taught me when I was a kid.[/color]

2. What inspirred you to learn? [color=violet]Just decided to!! [/color]

3. English or Contiental? [color=violet]English, but someday…[/color]

4. What was your first project? [color=violet]squares for an afghan[/color]

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project?

6. What are you working on now? [color=violet]Socks, a purse and wash cloths[/color]

7. What is something you really, really want to start? [color=violet]T-back sweater, rug[/color]

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? [color=violet]Anything intarsia, or entrelac[/color]

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? [color=violet]Depends on the project.[/color]

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? too many to name

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) [color=violet]Straw.com[/color]

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!)
    [color=violet]Uh, this is a G rated site right??? LOLOL. I wasn’t popular enough with the high school crowd. Hung out with older folks from work.[/color]

I learned how about 30 years ago, but I didn’t love it til about 25 years ago

1. What inspirred you to learn?

First I learned in 4-H and then I learned in a high school class

1. English or Contiental

I can do both but English is like comfort food to me. When I am using two colors, then I do both at the same time quite happily.

1. What was your first project?

Mittens

1. If #4 was scarf :wink: what was your first non-scarf project?

I didn’t knit my first scarf until last summer! Now I’ve knit four of them.

1. What are you working on now?

A Booga Bag

1. What is something you really, really want to start?

The Rogue Hoodie intrigues me…

I’d like to design & make my own Latvian sweater

I don’t care for it in comparison to natural fibers, however, there have been times in my life when it was all I could afford, so I used it and my stuff turned out just fine in spite of it.

1. What is your favorite pattern you have seen?

That is just way too hard to narrow down

1. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)

the Celtic Knot sweater

1. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!)[/quote]

I went to a huge school and was not popular enough to be voted “most likely to be…” anything. Luckily, I was least likely to care.
:slight_smile: kimmie

its not easy being cheesy :wink:

1. How long have you been knitting?<-- the right way? about 2 hours? it took me an hour to try and knit holding the string right but in the end i gave up i am not ment to hold the string all pretty like in the videos my monkey hands wont allow it lol… the wrong way? since january of this year…

2. What inspirred you to learn? <— i go threw phases of want… a year or so ago i wanted to learn to knit so i bought a red heart kit … it came with needles a booklet and some other stuff… after i got it my attention went to quilting i wanted to quilt… got stuff got 5 pages into a “quilting for dummies book” and i didnt want to do that anymore… so in january i found my needles and decided i wanted to learn that again… i learn it all backwards (but made 2 hats and a scarf tube which was cool) than my brain snaped into crochet mode… and now im back trying to learn it all again lol :thumbsup:

3. English or Contiental <— i cant hold the damn yarn… STUPID MONKEY FINGERS!

4. What was your first project? <— the wrong way? i made a scarf for my sister but it was stocknit and its a tube that couldnt be straigtened and now its lost somewhere in that place where all the left socks go… the right way? nothing yet… im just praticeing

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? <— non scarf was a hat to match the scarf tubey… it was pretty the seam was bad though… my second hat was better seamed

6. What are you working on now? <— pratice swatches

7. What is something you really, really want to start? <— in the stich n bitch nation book i got the other day they have little cat mice … kitty only has 900 toy mice… she NEEDS some knitted ones lol

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? <— i would just like to make something nice…

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? <— i like it… its nice

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? <— i never thought about it… i guess i dont have any… i havent really learned all i need to learn to be able to use them

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) <— see above

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!)<---- no one knew who i was in highschool… almost as if i was painted the same colors as the wall behind me

:happydance:

[color=indigo]Since last august/september[/color]
    [color=indigo]a pack of needles on a fleamarket screaming my name[/color]
  3. English or Contiental
    [color=indigo]Continental and Combined[/color]
    [color=indigo]A scarf on size 6 needles![/color]
    [color=indigo]a bag[/color]
    [color=indigo]a sommertop, cardigan, sweater, pillow, wrap-top, lase shawl[/color]
    [color=indigo]a net pullover I wanted to do since october[/color]
    [color=indigo]a funky cabled sweater from Rebecca[/color]
  8. What are your views on Red Heart yarn?
    [color=indigo]Never touched it since it’s not available here [/color]
  9. What is your favorite pattern you have seen?
    [color=indigo]the wrap-top from rebecca I’m currently knitting[/color]
  10. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)
    [color=indigo]I like soooooo many…[/color]
  11. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!)
    [color=indigo]Bill-Gates-heiriss, handmodel
    No, wasn’t too popular either, but everyone was given a job perspective[/color]

Sorry my answers are short. I’ve completed the damn thing TWO TIMES before my browser crashed TWO TIMES. I have lost my “Ef-Yoo-See-Kay-Eye-En-Gee” patience! :twisted:

Summer 05 will make 6 years

I wanted a hobby

3. English or Contiental
    English all the way!

Scarf

Hat

Afghan and baby blanket

I typed a list twice. My browser crashed twice. Sorry, but I’m not typing it again. Rest assured though that the list is LONG!!!

See # 7

I have nothing against Red Heart. I am not a yarn snob. I have not had a bad experience with Red Heart.

I don’t have a “favorite”.

same as #10

I wasn’t voted as anything; I was not popular enough.

[color=indigo]ekgheiy runs out of the room screaming, looking for the nearest computer to pour corrosive ACID all over and expose to massive amount of magnetic energy[/color]

1. How long have you been knitting? since January 2005

2. What inspired you to learn? Mom, a good friend, a long standing yearning just to do it

3. English or Continental - continental baby

4. What was your first project? vw hat

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? haven’t made one scarf yet

6. What are you working on now? socks

7. What is something you really, really want to start? sweaters, omg, so many sweaters

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Bust shaping. I need to conquer seaming projects and master fair isle too.

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? my lys doesn’t sell it (does that make me a yarn snob??)

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Rowan Maggie Sweater, Lana Grossa (Cardigan and Rebecca Ribbed Sweater.

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) la dee dah dee dah

Probably voted to be a life long nerd, loser, etc. I hated high school and it hated me back too. As it turns out, I have so far become a post secondary graduate with 2 degrees, a wife, a mother and good friend and the laugh lines are there to prove it. So what the hell do they know?!

1. How long have you been knitting? Since this past November.

2. What inspirred you to learn? My sister begged me to take a crochet class. I did, but then realized I prefered knit patterns to crochet ones.

3. English or Contiental? I can do both, but I prefer English.

4. What was your first project? Scarf. Isn’t everyones? :slight_smile:

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A poncho.

6. What are you working on now? Um, I have a 2nd sock on the go, a sweater sleeve, and a baby hat.

7. What is something you really, really want to start? The Rogue Hoodie… I am just waiting for my yarn to get here.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Rogue Hoodie. After that, I think I am going to try the waterfall throw from LionBrand.

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I think it is fine for some things, like baby hats and booties. But I wouldn’t wear it.

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I love the Waterfall (or fall) throw by LionBrand.

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? The poncho pattern I made from Berroco. I love my poncho!!

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!) I don’t remember. :slight_smile:
    [color=red][/color][color=red][/color]

1. How long have you been knitting? late December '04

2. What inspirred you to learn? I had ALWAYS wanted to learn (15 yrs. or so) but thought it would be too complicated.

3. English or Contiental?CONTINENTAL,…I’m a hard core lefty…so this works out PERFECT for me :slight_smile:

4. What was your first project? Scarf

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? Poncho for my daughter.

6. What are you working on now? I’m making 2 pairs of babie booties for my friend she’s having twins (boy, girl) and also another pair for my brother…he and his wife are expecting a lil boy in June.

7. What is something you really, really want to start? After the booties…i want to start on the Martha Poncho.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Doing some cabling, afgans w/ cables, sweaters, intarsia,…maybe some fair isle

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? Have only used it once for practice in the beginning when I started…so no opinion really…

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I love the Ugg booties, and baby hat set. Probably make those after the Martha Poncho. Hehe…got plenty of babies to knit for.

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? Umm, the lion baby booties, TOO CUTE!!

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!) ???

1. How long have you been knitting? 20+ years

2. What inspirred you to learn? When my mom was pregnant with my little brother she was starting knitting baby sweaters. I just loved to watch her…

3. English or Contiental English

4. What was your first project? Pot holder

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? 1st non boring project was a sock…I say ‘a’ sock because I never finished the 2nd sock!

6. What are you working on now? A Debbie Bliss baby blanket

7. What is something you really, really want to start? Another baby sweater

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? Sweater using ‘charting’ for a todler

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? It’s ok for some things that I don’t want to spend a lot of money on…holiday scarf that I’m only going to wear once!

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? Too many to list.

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!).I wasn’t voted most likely to be anything…

1. How long have you been knitting? On and off for a few years but “serious - everyday knitting” since about September 2004.

2. What inspirred you to learn? I crochet, cross stitch, paint ceramics, woodburn, etc. but I was watching an episode of Carol Duvall and she was knitting a dishcloth so … I decided to pick up my knitting needles again and now I can’t put them down!

3. English or Contiental - English but over the weekend I learned to knit continental (now I have to work on purling).

4. What was your first project? I took the pattern for the dish cloth and just kept going and ended up with a lap blanket. My mother-in-law loves it and uses it every day.

5. If #4 was scarf Wink what was your first non-scarf project?

6. What are you working on now? A pair of socks, a Boa yarn scarf, a shawl, and a pair of slippers.

7. What is something you really, really want to start? A felted handbag

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? A sweater. Any sweater.

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I agree with others - it’s good for some projects but not for others. I have learned some of the differences between yarns since I’ve started knitting again. I didn’t realize there was a difference.

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? My largest “Favorites” file is my knitting patterns file

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) I find new ones every day! :shock:

[color=indigo]I’ll play along![/color]

1. How long have you been knitting? [color=red]About a year and a half![/color]
  2. What inspirred you to learn? [color=red]to make baby booties for a friend expecting baby number 1[/color]
  3. English or Contiental? [color=red]English[/color]
  4. What was your first project?[color=red] A block for the Warm Up America[/color]
  6. What are you working on now? [color=red]A baby blanket and a scarf [/color]
  7. What is something you really, really want to start? [color=red]A cardigan for myself[/color]
    8 ) What is a project you aspire to? [color=red]I don’t know![/color]
  8. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? [color=red]I’ve used it before :smiley: [/color]
  9. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? [color=red] hmmm … there is a book with a cable-knit cardigan and matching blanket for a little girl! Of course, now I can’t remember the book title … but it’s pretty![/color]
  10. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? [color=red]I don’t know! [/color]
  11. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!) [color=red]Ummm … nothing really![/color]
  1. How long have you been knitting? ~ I learnt when I was a child, but this time round, a few months

2. What inspirred you to learn? ~ A friend inspired me to take it up again.

3. English or Contiental ~ English

4. What was your first project? ~ Scarf (in Sirdar Fizz)

5. If #4 was scarf :wink: what was your first non-scarf project? ~ Cat toy (which was basically a square folded) and the ribbed-edge hat from here

6. What are you working on now? ~ A skinny elongated stitch scarf

7. What is something you really, really want to start? ~ A knitted handbag - I have the wool and handles, so as soon as my scarf is done, I’m off.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? ~ Knitty’s Belle Epoque ‘dress’ - gorgeous but way beyond me

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? ~ No idea what it’s like

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? ~ The Belle Epoque pattern is nice.

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) ~ Don’t know yet - haven’t knitted enough

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? ~ Nope - we didn’t have this at my school (I’m from the UK)

Hey Nik, where’s yours?

I like cheese…

1. How long have you been knitting? [color=indigo]Since I taught myself in April 2004[/color]

2. What inspirred you to learn? [color=indigo]3 things: I was going through a period of intense anxiety; I like being creative and making things and I had a lot of ‘dead’ time waiting, waiting, waiting…; I bought a bunch of needles at an estate sale and I like to think the deceased passed on her love of knitting to me even though I never knew her.[/color]

3. English or Contiental [color=indigo]Continental-ish (I don’t pick, I wrap)[/color]

4. What was your first project? [color=indigo]Besides a simply knitting the whole skein in random practice stitches? I made a light yellow bunny! He was really just a square.[/color]

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? [color=indigo]Meema’s Felted Tote from Stitch 'n Bitch. Status: knitted, felted, awaiting liner still![/color]

6. What are you working on now? [color=indigo]Uh…lining the purse with some wickedly appropriate fabric. Knitting-wise, I’m making the Deco-ribbon Bag for my mom, a Deco-ribbon bag for me in a mini backpack shape, my first scarf for me out of bulky handspun and Honeymoon Cami(KAL on knitty.com).[/color]

7. What is something you really, really want to start? [color=indigo]Clapotis[/color].

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? [color=indigo]Any sweater, cables, lace.[/color]

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? [color=indigo]I’ve used it to make Mr. Flurry. It has its uses![/color]

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? [color=indigo]So far, ?[/color]

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)[color=indigo] Fuzzy Feet![/color]

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!) [color=indigo]I was a ghost. Everyone thought I was a brainy nerd. See my signature below? :wink: [/color]

1. How long have you been knitting? 2 months

2. What inspirred you to learn? My chihuahua…I want to make him a sweater that actually fits and covers his little puppy-butt so he will no longer have to sport the “Donald Duck” look.

3. English or Contiental? English, but Im trying to become comfortable with cont, as well…I didnt feel so bad after seeing that EVERYONE on Knitty Gritty “throws” their yarn…

4. What was your first project? A life-sized replica of the Taj-Mahal that, when completed, looked oddly like a SCARF.

5. If #4 was scarf :wink: what was your first non-scarf project? A set of matching hats for my niece and her baby doll.

6. What are you working on now? A basketweave dishcloth…this is SO much harder than I thought it would be! It took me half the dishcloth to get the rhythym of the pattern. AND, I have a matching baby blanket and hat that are awaiting the arrival of Denises, see below.

7. What is something you really, really want to start? A 30 x 50" loop st bathrug…Im only waiting for the delivery of my yarn and Denises from Canada! It’s taking SOOOOO long! I think it’s coming by messenger GOOSE! There is also some wool in my drawer that wants to be hats for my husband & brother.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I can’t wait to make my first sweater…I find Im a little afraid of arm holes, but Im not sure why…Ive never been abused by armholes or anything. Also, along with my goose-delivered rug yarn, I should be getting some self-patterning sock yarn. Im looking forward to that! OH…and, cant wait for my first cabled project!

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? eh shrug

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? It would have to be the “Willy Warmers”, just because they make me giggle.

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? I really dont know…Im easily amused, so I like everything. But, I do like alot of the Berrocco sweater patterns, because they have a bit of waist shaping and the patterns are translated for women with “more to love”.

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? I was voted “most likely to be exactly the same in 10 years”, and I guess they were right. I was a cheerleader (not the bubble-headed kind) and I was always very happy-go-lucky and a bit goofy. :happydance: I guess Im just about the same way now, mumble16mumble years later. Also, I look pretty much the same (my mom looks young for her age, too) but without the HORRIBLE (I repeat HORR-I-BLE) late 1980’s BIG HAIR :shock:

1. How long have you been knitting? ABOUT 6 MONTHS

2. What inspirred you to learn? I WENT WITH MY HUBBY TO THE CRAFT STORE AND STARTED WANDERING AROUND. I JUST GOT IT INTO MY HEAD THAT I WANTED TO KNIT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, BUT NOW I’M ADDICTED

3. English or Contiental I THINK IT’S ENGLISH, BUT I DON’T HOLD THE YARN BETWEEN MY FINGERS. I KIND OF JUST HANGS, BUT IT WORKS FOR ME

4. What was your first project? ASIDE FROM PRACTICE SWATCHES, I STARTED WITH A DISHCLOTH

SCARF WAS ACTUALLY MY 4TH PROJECT

TEMPTING FROM KNITTY (MY FIRST SWEATER), WINTER ACCESSORIES FOR CHURCH CHARITY

KNITTING SWEATERS, MASTERING CABLES, LEARNING TO FELT

I WANT TO FINISH MY FIRST SWEATER :smiley:

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? I’M NOT A YARN SNOB. I COVET THE “FANCY” YARNS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, BUT I DON’T LIVE CLOSE TO A LYS AND WITH MY DAUGHTER READY TO START PRIVATE SCHOOL, I DON’T HAVE MUCH MONEY. I’VE USED IT BEFORE AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS. AS LONG AS YOU’RE HAPPY WITH YOUR YARN, THAT’S ALL THAT MATTERS

TEMPTING FROM KNITTY; BUT I’VE NEVER ACTUALLY PURCHASED A PATTERN BOOK

I GET A LOT OF FREE PATTERNS FROM POSTINGS HERE AND KNITTER’S REVIEW FORUM

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!) PRESIDENT! VERY FUNNY, CONSIDERING THAT I WAS ONE OF THE LEAST OUTGOING KIDS IN SCHOOL.

Nik, this is a great idea. Thanks for starting it.

[color=darkred]I’ve been knitting on and off for about 2 years now (mostly off for the last year).
[/color]
2) What inspirred you to learn?

[color=darkred]Hmmm. I think it was my boss at the time, who has been knitting for a long time and makes beautiful things. [/color]

1. English or Contiental

[color=darkred]English. That’s how I learned, and I don’t see myself changing for the sake of change. English feels good and works for me. [/color]

1. What was your first project?

[color=darkred]A very simple tassel hat from Knitting for Dummies. [/color]

1. If #4 was scarf :wink: what was your first non-scarf project?

[color=darkred]N/A[/color]

1. What are you working on now?

[color=darkred]I’m finishing up a wool watch cap for my father and playing around with a cotton dish cloth. I like to have more than one project going at a time.[/color]

1. What is something you really, really want to start?

[color=darkred]I am anxiously awaiting the Summer tank knit-a-long, which will be my first sweater AND my first item made just for ME. :cheering: [/color]

[color=darkred]Anything other than hats and scarves, at this point. Sweaters, I guess. Oh, any of the beautiful, free sweater patterns on Marnie’s web site. [/color]

[color=darkred]I have no problem with less expensive yarns. But, when I have tried to knit with plain acrylic recently, it seems too sticky for me (and I love to knit on metal needles, so they are not usually sticky). I think Red Heart is fine, depending on the project. I find it difficult to knit with and would avoid it for myself. I certainly don’t look down on folks who like to knit with it or can’t afford better yarn. [/color]

1. What is your favorite pattern you have seen?

[color=darkred]That’s a hard question! I like most of what is in Rowan’s Spring/Summer '05 magazine. I like this sweater a lot: Marianne.[/color]

1. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)

[color=darkred]I love all of Marnie’s free patterns, like Evening Diamonds. They are way beyond my skill level, but one day…[/color]

1. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!)[/quote][color=darkred][/color]

[color=darkred]Woo, this is a scary one. I wasn’t voted most likely to “be” anything, BUT I was voted “most artistic” and “most individualistic.” That was in the early eighties, so let your imagination go wild with the new wave haircut and such. [/color] :sunglasses:

1. How long have you been knitting? --Jan 2005

2. What inspirred you to learn? - It just looked cool

3. English or Contiental -English

4. What was your first project? -The fireworks scarf

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? --hot head hat

6. What are you working on now? --trying to learn intrasia and the kitty hat

7. What is something you really, really want to start? -a sweater

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? --anything with CABLES!! Just to see if I can do it.

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? -never used it. I love Rowan and brown sheep

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? don’t have one

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) -most things on knitty.com rock.

Didn’t do much with the high school crowd, prefered to do my own thing. :smiley:

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:40 pm Post subject: Get to know your knitters

ok so I took the cheesy “get to know you, e-mail everyone on your address list” spam

1. How long have you been knitting? 4 months-I walked into the new yarn shop and asked if someone could show me how to knit and became addicted right away, which is how I found Amy’s site!

2. What inspirred you to learn? I have always wanted to learn to knit and saw that a new lys was opening and my main goal was to learn to knit a scarf…needless to say, I became addicted and can’t get enough yarn or enough knowledge!

3. English or Contiental -Continental

4. What was your first project? A scarf which I gave to my daughter-in-law.

5. If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project? A Fiber Trend totebag…the medium size and it seemed like it took me forever (3 weeks of working on it sporadically)

6. What are you working on now? A handbag and a small bunny for my 17 month old grandson.

7. What is something you really, really want to start? Another handbag or 10 and more scarves using various types of stitches for practice.

8 ) What is a project you aspire to? I’d like to knit a sweater…I think.

1. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? Never used it.

2. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? I don’t think that I have a favorite…I like collecting most of them in the event I have the urge to use one of them for a future project.

3. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course) Booga Bag

4. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!) No one can believe that I’m still long enough to be knitting…It has been a joy to learn and I love it when I see the finished product.

Joyce

1. How long have you been knitting? [color=blue]I learned from my Grandmother when I was a teen, but I was never very good at it. I recently started again and have been at it about three months. [/color]
  2. What inspirred you to learn? [color=blue] My DD got a learn to knit kit for Christmas, and in the process of teaching her how, I became addicted myself. [/color]
  3. English or Contiental? [color=blue]English, but aspire to learn continental some day [/color]
  4. What was your first project? [color=blue]An afghan … still working on it - it’s 63 different squares and I’m on #8. [/color]
  6. What are you working on now? [color=blue]See #4. [/color]
  7. What is something you really, really want to start? [color=blue]A sweater for myself, a hand bag, and maybe the Martha poncho. [/color]
    8 ) What is a project you aspire to? [color=blue]I’d love to learn fair isle or intarsia some day. [/color]
  8. What are your views on Red Heart yarn? [color=blue]I’m using it right now for my afghan - it comes in a lot of colors and it’s nice and inexpensive for a first project. [/color]
  9. What is your favorite pattern you have seen? [color=blue]I saw a pattern/kit for a handbag that is really pretty on ozeyarn.com…I really want it but it’s not cheap. [/color]
  10. What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)? [color=blue]The Martha poncho I guess. [/color]
  11. Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!) [color=blue]Nothing…I think I was just part of the woodwork - I hated high school and would rather forget the whole thing![/color]