Nik, this is a great idea. Thanks for starting it.
- How long have you been knitting?
[color=darkred]I’ve been knitting on and off for about 2 years now (mostly off for the last year).
2) What inspirred you to learn?
[color=darkred]Hmmm. I think it was my boss at the time, who has been knitting for a long time and makes beautiful things. [/color]
- English or Contiental
[color=darkred]English. That’s how I learned, and I don’t see myself changing for the sake of change. English feels good and works for me. [/color]
- What was your first project?
[color=darkred]A very simple tassel hat from Knitting for Dummies. [/color]
- If #4 was scarf what was your first non-scarf project?
- What are you working on now?
[color=darkred]I’m finishing up a wool watch cap for my father and playing around with a cotton dish cloth. I like to have more than one project going at a time.[/color]
- What is something you really, really want to start?
[color=darkred]I am anxiously awaiting the Summer tank knit-a-long, which will be my first sweater AND my first item made just for ME. :cheering: [/color]
8 ) What is a project you aspire to?
[color=darkred]Anything other than hats and scarves, at this point. Sweaters, I guess. Oh, any of the beautiful, free sweater patterns on Marnie’s web site. [/color]
- What are your views on Red Heart yarn?
[color=darkred]I have no problem with less expensive yarns. But, when I have tried to knit with plain acrylic recently, it seems too sticky for me (and I love to knit on metal needles, so they are not usually sticky). I think Red Heart is fine, depending on the project. I find it difficult to knit with and would avoid it for myself. I certainly don’t look down on folks who like to knit with it or can’t afford better yarn. [/color]
- What is your favorite pattern you have seen?
[color=darkred]That’s a hard question! I like most of what is in Rowan’s Spring/Summer '05 magazine. I like this sweater a lot: Marianne.[/color]
- What is your favorite free pattern (other than here of course)
[color=darkred]I love all of Marnie’s free patterns, like Evening Diamonds. They are way beyond my skill level, but one day…[/color]
- Were you voted “most likely to be _____” in highschool What was it? (Hey, life can’t all be about knitting!)[/quote][color=darkred][/color]
[color=darkred]Woo, this is a scary one. I wasn’t voted most likely to “be” anything, BUT I was voted “most artistic” and “most individualistic.” That was in the early eighties, so let your imagination go wild with the new wave haircut and such. [/color]