FOs - Branching Out, Namaste

Just wanted to show you the little scarf I made last week! It’s Branching Out from Knitty - for a friend who’s just announced she’s pregnant - yay! :smiley:

It’s made with Debbie Bliss pure silk (which I now seem to be slightly obsessed with since starting that shrug!). I’ve never blocked anything before so I left it (nervously) to dry over the weekend… and [size=6][color=red]wow![/color][/size]… blocking is amazing!! I must also say that the pattern designer is a genius, the lace was so simple to do, but looks super-complicated to my non-knitty friends :wink:

'Scuse the big pics:

and yes… untangling your lacey scarf from a prickly shrub is enormous fun… . aherm :doh:

Also, I managed to get a snap of my mum’s yoga mat bag when I saw her this weekend - it’s the Namaste pattern, again from Knitty.

Here ya go:

Happy Easter to you all :smiley:

:smiley: They are both simply GORGEOUS!! I so loved making Branching Out last year, since I’ve seen your’s I think I may have to knit another :wink:

Beautiful!!! Both of them. I :heart: the scarf! Great job :thumbsup:

:cheering: :cheering:

After seeing your scarf, I think it’s time for me to do some branching out. I have seen this scarf referenced many times but felt it looked to complicated. Since your post, I think I might giver her a try. Yours is lovely!

Oh my gosh! Both are beautiful - but that scarf is absolutely gorgeous!!! :shock: I’ll just bet that Debbie Bliss Silk is luscious to touch too. Thanks for posting the eye candy.

:inlove: Those are both beautiful!

Absolutely gorgeous! :cheering:

I love the Branching Out pattern. Yours came out beautifully!

And, the yoga mat bag looks great too!

Wow! They both look great and I love your artistic tree picture.

That scarf is great!!! :cheering:

:inlove: Just beautiful - both of them!

These are both lovely!! Think I’m going to have to tackle Branching Out soon! Love your photos, too! :thumbsup:

The scarf is so lovely. I’ve been trying to think of something to knit for my mom next. She’s not a wearer of winter scarves, though she does like to wear decorative kinds to accessorize outfits through the year. I think she would love that. I’ll have to wait until my next trip to a yarn shop to get something really soft to use.

Do you mind my asking how much it cost to make it, using the yarn you used? :slight_smile:

Beautiful both!!
I think I have to knit the BO scarf…

Branching out is easy you say? I do have some nice soft yarn that would be perfect for that. Project number 6,432,586…

Oops I forgot to say that your scarf is gorgeous! :inlove:

:inlove: :thumbsup: :heart:

That scarf is amazing! Had to pick my jaw up off the keyboard. Thanks so much for sharing!

That lace does look complex… I’m just barely beginning to work with lace patterns, but not the lace weight wool to go with it! And I like that yoga mat bag… I just might need to make one for mine… great way to practice my cables.

Crikey! Thank yoooooo for your lovely comments! :blush: My friend received it in the post this morning and loved it, so that’s all fine and dandy :smiley:

Renna - I used just slightly more than one skein, I think it would have been fine with just the one but I did a couple more repeats - that yarn costs £6.50/skein here in the UK so you could make the scarf for about $12-ish? I love this yarn so much, it’s super soft & scrummy.

feministmama - yes, it’s a really straight-forward knit - and so nice to see it taking shape! One I got my head around what the different stitches were, it was cool - although not an easy pattern to memorise :??!

In hindsight, I should have used bigger needles to CO and BO to make it a bit looser at the ends too. I definitely want to make another, so I’ll put it right then. Please post a picture when you’ve done yours!

Thanks, Toast Knit. That’s a very affordable price for such a lovely gift worthy item! :smiley: