Forest Weave Pattern: Yumiko Alexander

I have begun the beautiful knitting pattern Forest Weave designed by Rumiko Alexander. I have been knitting for over 60 years including some complicated knitting patterns.

I having difficulty understanding Row 13:

Row 13: K1, *sl next 10 sts onto cn and hold in back, drop purl st off the needle,
10-st group, yo, (10-st group) from cn, p1, 10-st group, p1; rep from *, end last rep with k1 instead of p1.

Can someone explain or chart out this row as I am uncertain how to proceed after the "drop purl st off the needle,).

I hope that someone can understand my question and provide an explanation on how to correctly complete this row.

Thank You!

I can’t answer your question but here’s the pattern page link for someone who can.

Welcome to the forum!
You’re essentially going to be working a 20stitch cable cross. The dropped purl stitch will be allowed to ladder down giving you the lovely openwork wave shown in the photo (thanks, GG).
I’ve added some text into the directions that make it a bit easier (at least for me). See if they help and if not, come back and ask again.

Row 13: K1, *sl next 10 sts onto cn and hold in back, drop the next purl st off the left needle,
Knit the following 10-st group from the left needle, yarn over, then knit the 10sts from the cable needle, p1, knit the next 10-st group, p1; rep from *, end last rep with k1 instead of p1

THANK YOU!!! I’m so in your debt. I love the pattern and was so frustrated with myself that I was unable to reason through the instructions after multiple attempts.

I am so grateful to find this fabulous site!

Gayle Fenton