Well, I didn’t find these terribly exciting to look @ once I finished them, but they WERE fun to knit, and I know I’ll make some more.
Actually, I ended up completely re-doing this pattern. First of all, I knit it on two circulars instead of 5 DPNs; secondly, my gauge was off using the size needles suggested in the pattern, and I didn’t have the right size Addi circs. So, I re-calculated stitches & went to town. What fun!
Additionally, the instructions for the short-row heels were not very clear. Once I figured out what I was doing (on the 2nd sock), I re-wrote the instructions and went back and ripped out the 1st sock back to the heel and re-knit it. Much better!
I’m hoping to try these again and use a pattern stitch for the top of the foot.
These were really easy to make. I think I could wing it completely w/out the pattern now.