FO: First toe up socks! (a bit pic heavy)

after using magic loop for my fingerless mitts and failing an trying to make a sock on Dpn’s that fit
(can you see how they had to stretch?)

i decided to take yet another break from christmas knitting and make some toe up socks
i used silvers tutorial since her dpn one worked so well for me and this knit picks bare worsted that i dyed myself

the toes!

nearly at the heels!

All Done!

i really enjoyed toe up socks but i think i prefer the way of making heels on dpn’s (flap and gusset?) which i think is a reason people like toes up…to get away from that? heh. oh well…it certainly won’t keep me away from toe up socks! it only took 2 and a half days for both where it usually takes 2 and half each on dpn’s.

thanks for looking!

Lovely! They look great . And you have mastered another way of knitting :slight_smile:

:happydance: They look wonderful and I love the yarn you dyed!! :happydance:

They look great and great colors too! :slight_smile:

Wow! Awesome!!!

Those are beautiful! :yay:

Very nice and your hand dyed yarn is lovely x

Gorgeous socks! I love the colors – you did a great job with the dyeing. I haven’t tried toe-up yet, but you’ve encouraged me to give it a try.

Beautiful yarn and great looking socks. Congrats! :cheering:

Those are so cool. I love how you dyed the wool. They are fabulous!

Ooh, I love those colors, it’s like fire and ice. Good job with the socks.

I actually really enjoy dpns for socks, but I think I am just so use to using that method.

Great socks, and beautiful yarn!!

Those are great and I love the color combo!

Congrats! Great job on the socks!:cheering:

Well this is some YUMMY YARN! It really added an artistic flair to your socks! Thanks for sharing your work with us! All the photos were fun to look at!