FO - Double Hat, I'm so proud, it fits!

I’m soooo happy with myself. I actually made a normal size hat for a man, FINALLY! I’m going to meet with my friends to give one of them the hat and the other a scarf for the hols. I adapted the pattern from a sockyarn hat, I posted the adapted pattern on my blog right here.

Looks terrific!! Isn’t this the niftiest pattern?

Thanks Ingrid, I loved doing it. Much more successful than the GIANT double-knit hat I had originally nearly finished for my friend.

That looks amazing, you should be proud. How do you do that? Do you make two hats and seam them together? Very curious!

It’s actually all knit as one. You do a provisional cast on and knit a hat, then you pick up the live stitches from the cast on and knit another. This is the first time I’ve done it, and yes, I am proud.

Looks great, and best of all looks like a good fit!

Two knits in one, how cool is that? Love it

Looks wonderful great job on the hat :cheering:

You should be proud, that hat looks great!!! :thumbsup:

That’s awesome! I love the gray and orange. :smiley:
Is it difficult to knit the second hat? It seems like the first would get in the way…

Looks great! :happydance: :happydance:
Where is the pattern for this cool hat?

Looks great! :cheering:

That is so cool :sunglasses: I love :heart: :heart: it!!

Looks REALLY good! Im making another one for DH as soon as Christmas is over. This is my FAVORITE manhat pattern!

NEATO!!! :cheering:

Here 'tis!

(I’ve made one, too!)

A beautiful job, Schrodinger!! Very fancy w/ the ribbing and all!!

April.
The pattern was adapted from this pattern:
http://www.3gcs.com/adcock/free%20patterns/Sockyarn%20Hat.htm

I actually posted how I adapted the pattern (since the yarn was so different) on my blog here:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I actually gave the hat to the recipient this evening, and he LOVED it - actually wore it all night while we were out and showed it off to everyone.

Thanks very much, both of those patterns are great.

Oh, I’m sorry, Schrod!! I thought it was the same one Kelly had used and you just added ribs to it. Well … now we have two double hat patterns to use!! :happydance:

Oh I love that!!

:cheering: :cheering: