FO - Another My So Called Scarf, in same color!

Hello hello!

Here’s another MSCS in the same color as the original pattern. What a coincidence that someone posted the same FO in the same colorway yesterday!

Anyhow, I loved the colorway in the pattern. What was a total bummer though, was that one of the hanks I got had a lot more green in it, and not much of the burgundy-ish color. I ended up alternating yarn from the 2 balls.

I love how this pattern shows off multiple colors! I’m tempted to do this scarf in Malabrigo again (first MSCS was in Malabrigo Little Lovely and gifted), but that might be a little bit overkill.

It’s beautiful!

Very nice! Love the yarn and the stitch work on that scarf.

[color=indigo]Beautiful colors!

Great job, chere. :cheering:

Lando[/color]

That is GORGEOUS!! Is it a hard stitch to do? I have some brooks farm yarn I bought at a yarn festival last fall that would be perfect for this, I think.

Thank you! :muah:

Hilary, I found the stitch pretty easy to do, although I did forget to knit into the back after a psso once. I think after you get a few inches in, the motions get committed to memory. Give it a try!

[color=green]I love this scarf pattern! Yours looks great. I have been wanting to try it for awhile, but I dont understand the instructions.

Row 1 I kind of get, but row 2 I don’t understand at all!

P2tog, do not slip stitches off the needle, purl the first stitch again, slip both stitches off needle

How is that possible?[/color]

I love it, Cindy!!!1 I need that yarn!!!111111 :cheering:

Ok, let me see if I can explain this through words…

(I’m explaining this under the assumption that you’re an English knitter, even though I’m a conti knitter, so excuse me if it sounds awkward!)

So when you do normal knit and purl stitches, it’s kind of 2 steps, step 1 being wrapping the yarn around the needle, and step 2 being bringing the yarn under and “transferring” the knit-into stitch from the left needle to the right needle. So you do the 2nd purl before you transfer the knit-into stitch from the left needle to the right.

So you’ll be sticking the right needle into 2 stitches on the left needle, purling them together; and with the 2 stitches you just purled together still on the left needle, you purl into just the first stitch.

To put it another way, you’re doing an incomplete p2tog, and doing a regular purl into the first stitch.

I hope this isn’t too confusing!

Love the colors and the stitch!

Mama Bear

beautiful!!! One of these days I’m going to get around to that scarf…

:thud: :heart: :heart:

that is SO beautiful…must get some Manos and cast on immediately…

Thanks for the explanation, very helpful! I will have to try this…but I have 3 scarves on the needles already-maybe I should finish them first? :shrug: :?? Maybe not :teehee:

[size=6]Hi Cindy,
I’m a new knitter…and was wondering if the Manos del Uruguay is soft? Sorry for the dumb question! I love the colors! I’d like one for myself!
Thanks,
Merry [/size]

Thanks everyone!

Merry, I would say that the yarn is in the middle of the softness spectrum. As I said in the other My So Called Scarf post, I would say it’s not as soft as Malabrigo (100% merino), but it’s not as rough as Noro Kureyon (some sort of crunchy, irritating wool). :ick:

I’m ok with wearing the Manos next to my skin, but if you’re hyposensitive, you might want to try something a little bit softer.

:heart: :heart:

And I really like the way that first picture is modeled - you go girl!

Those colors are wonderful!!

I’m working on my third one of these, and an easier way to do the first row is to k1 sl, k1, yo, psso the k and the yo to last stitch, k1.

It’s easier to get a good rhythm going, I think, and it’s the exact same result.

Beautiful! It’s funny because I’m making one with those exact colours lol.

Its starting to make more sense. Thanks!

it’s beautiful~!! I love the multiple colors in there~! :cheering: