Fleisher’s Superior Knitting Worsted - how many yards?

Hello all,

I have found a pattern online for a gorgeous baby blanket pattern, and it calls for Fleisher’s Superior Knitting Worsted yarn. I want to substitute the yarn for something I can find in my local yarn shop but I have no idea how many yards I need.

Does anyone know how many yards of yarn are in each ball of this type of yarn?

If you dont know how many yards per ball this yarn is, here is the finished measurements and gauge if any of you could make a guess as to how much yarn I would need:

Finished measurements : approx 36 x 51 inches
Gauge : 11 sts = 2 inches; 7 rows = 1 inch on size 5 needles

Thank you a bunch,
Kim

It’s a discontinued yarn, but it’s listed as 270 yds to 4 oz., or 247 meters to 113 g. The recommended gauge was 5 sts = 1" on US size 7/4.5mm needles, and it was 100% wool. As for substitutes, Paton’s Classic Wool would be perfect, the exact same gauge recommendation, so the fabric would come out with the same drape.

But because it’s for a baby, you might want to make it out of acrylic or bamboo, because some infants react to wool. As long as the gauge is supposed to be 5 sts to 1", you’re okay. I know your pattern says 5.5 sts = 1", but that’s okay-- you’re just trying to match the thickness of the yarn, so if the yarn to yarn recommended gauge matches up, you’re good.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! This is a huge help.

You’re welcome! Good luck in the project.