Easy knitting patterns

Hi I’m new here and have just started out knitting. I’ve knitted a basic baby hat but would like to venture a little further and knit a cardigan!
Where is the best place to get beginners knitting patterns. I’ve bought couple Etsy but found them too hard.
Help appreciated.

Ravelry is an awesome resource for patterns. They have plenty of free ones and you can sort them by how easy they are to make. You can even enter how much yarn you have to use and other criteria like colorwork, fabric qualities and such. Hope this helps. :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s a search for free patterns for baby and toddler sizes that have been rated as easy and as 5 stars for quality of instructions by lots of knitters:

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#ratings=5&difficulties=2&availability=free&photo=yes&pc=cardigan&fit=baby|toddler&craft=knitting&sort=best&view=captioned_thumbs

The other important choise to make is if you want to knit your cardigan in separate pieces and sew it up (seamed) or knit the body in one piece and the sleeves as tubes (seamless). The pattern description will tell you about this.

Have fun!

I like bevscountrycottage.com. They are free patterns and beginner friendly. Bev has both knit and crochet patterns for yourself or to give away to charity.

2 Likes