Hi! I found this work started by my grandma but I am not able to continue it because I can’t figure out the pattern. Can someone please help? It would be pity to leave it or undo it since my grandma hard started a work for me![]()
Welcome to KH!
Looks very nice so far. Could be the K1P1 ribbing for a sweater or hat or scarf depending on the length. Do you have any idea what the project might have been?
Kind of your grandmother to work the start for you. No wonder you want to preserve and continue it.
Did you place the stitches onto the cable needle? Depending which style of knitting you do, you may need to remount them to sit with the right leg forward before you continue working it, this is a common way to have the stitches mounted but there are various knitting styles so this may not be the case.
If you need help with this let us know.
thank you for your answer, so kind of you. I think it was a scarf, although quite bright…
Yes, i did. And that’s a mistake i do quite often. I will try to remount them then and see if it gets better. Thank you!!!
When I need to put stitches back on a needle, I pick them up in any direction just to get them onto the needle. Then as I work that next row I make sure of the direction of knitting for knits or purls.
Nothing like a bright, cheery scarf!
You could also put a life line in once the stitches are remounted, that way you won’t loose what you already have, just in case you need to frog back to here.
Welcome to the forum! Was there any other yarn skeins with it? The colors and amounts might also help identify a bit further what she was going for. The wash instructions on the bands could also give clues about the intended function… If you think it was a scarf you can definitely keep going with the current ribbing until you have a full length! ![]()




