Don't know edge stitch

I’m making the handle of a bag that was knitted in the round. I bound off 9 sts, knit 22, bound off 9 and knit 22. That starts the handle and it says you work in seed stitch and work each side separately (I’m assuming in back and forth rows now on straights).

Anway, after I bind off 5 sts at beginning of next 2 rows, it says to knit 2 sts together thru back loops at beginning of every following row and work “edge stitch” at end of every following row until 8 sts remain. Then you work that as long as you want this handle then go to the other side and do that handle.

Anyway, I don’t know what an edge stitch is that I’m supposed to do at the end of every row. Is it a decrease? :thinking:

I think they mean to knit 2 tog as you did at the other edge.

That’s what I was thinking too, though the pattern is not too clear!

I did it that way on the first handle but it doesn’t look right. I’m so over this bag though that it doesn’t bother me. I can live with it; I just want to finish it at this point and move on!!

Am still curious though as to what they are calling an edge stitch. It’s a trendsetter pattern and I didn’t see any stitch explanation in the book.

Thanks again!

I would try emailing the company…