Doggie Banket instructions p l e a s e

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Could someone help me? i need to figure out a small crochet zig zag blanket for a dog. My sister in law is asking me. I don’t figure it out too well. it will be regular 4 ply yarn that she has. just need to tell her how many to chain on and then the pattern.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]Sure hope someone can throw something out there for me. thanks, thanks, thanks so much!:think: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Have you checked pattern sites? There’s www.crochetpatterncentral.com, should have something there.

Maybe search for baby blanket pattern (don’t know how big the doggie is)…The link in the previous post has a bunch. Good luck.

This one looks pretty easy.

http://www.citiusa.com/ripple.html

Good luck!

[color="#330099"]The basic zig-zag will depend on the width you want for the blanket and how many stitches are in each leg of the zig-zag and how many zig-zag repeats you want. (can be even or odd)

Even: /// or ///\

Odd: /// or //\

A pattern for 2.5 repeats of 5 stitches per leg:

SC: Single crochet (known as a DC in UK terms)
Inc: Increase, several stitches made into the same base stitch as indicated in pattern.
Dec: Decrease, several stitches started but completed as one stitch as indicated in pattern.[/DL]

Chain 26

Row 1: SC in 2nd chain/stitch from hook, * SC in each of the next 3 chains/stitches, 3 SC (Inc) in next stitch, SC in chains/stitches, SC next 3 chains/stitches together (Dec), Repeat from * once more, SC in each of next 3 chains/stitches, 2 SC in last chains/stitches. (26 SC)

Row 2: Turn, chain 1, 2 SC in first stitch, * SC in each of next 3 stitches, (Dec) SC 3 stitches tog, SC in each of next 3 stitches, (Inc) 3 SC in next stitch, Repeat from * once more, SC in each of next 3 stitches, (Dec) SC last 2 stitches tog. (26 SC)

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until length desired.
[/COLOR]

cat size but just make it bigger.

It is a cat size but just make it bigger.:thumbsup: