Do you knit (or do other hobby) something useful?

Hi…:woot:
i just want to know…i just got a knitting book …the pattern is not for sweater, not glove, or something that i can use…but i’m definitely going to enjoy the result if i make one…it’s a cake knitting…fruit, etc…yeah…i can’t use it…but my eyes will enjoy it…and i really want to try it…planning is today…
i also bought another books…it’s cake felting (with needle)…they are cute, too…can’t wear it nor use it anyway…but i’m willing to try…

So, i feel weird right now…a little bit guilty of knitting something that is not ‘useful’…:oo:

So, i would like to hear your experience, too…and what stuff do you knit most?..

Good Lord! Knit whatever you want to knit!! Who said it has to be useful? Why can’t it be fun or decorative or whatever?

Amen! It isn’t written in stone that knitting has to be useful, knit what YOU want to knit!

I just knit anything I fancy, usually seeing some lovely wool gets me started.

I think that’s the best attitude–knit whatever you want!! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

(I do like to find something that’s both fun and useful, though)

If it makes you happy then it IS useful :mrgreen:

looks around at all the ceramics, paper crafts and polymer clay objects Yep, everything I make is useful… for collecting dust!! lol

Oh gosh, don’t feel too bad. My other hobby is riding horses. That only produces manure! (which I suppose is great for gardners, but still not real useful!)

I agree with the others-- if you enjoy knitting then it is useful- especially for your mental health! Also, if you are feeling guilty about your new hobby (I completely understand your guilt… I am always worried about the $ I am spending and always feeling guilty for just sitting there… knitting and lovin’ it but then I figure it helps me clear my mind) then you could start knitting for charity-- like baby caps/hat, blankets and chemo hats… that is a way to give back and enjoy knitting!

LOL Ingrid! I’m with you though! :slight_smile: :thumbsup: :blooby:

Well said. :thumbsup:

everything knitted is useful… it keeps your blood pressure down and your mind sharp…

And if you need any more proof, do a search for “Knit Ferrari” and you’ll see that yes in fact somebody did knit a Ferrari, to scale no doubt.

Knitting keeps me kind of sane.