Do I have to start all over?

I’ve been knitting my first scarf, and I’ve spent quite a bit of time on this. I was finished and started binding off. When I slipped my second stitch over the first one to bind off, it took the first stitch with it! (I had no stitches on my right needle at all!) I tried to correct it but since I’m using one of those funky yarns, I could not see where the loop was, so I ended up just pulling out a row or two. I tried to get my needle back in there, but it didn’t work. I ended up pulling out about 20 rows but I still can’t get it! Is there a way to salvage this or do I need to start from the beginning…or throw it all in the garbage? :crying:

Don’t throw it away!

Here’s what I would do. Pull the yarn out of a row until it’s at the end. Then, with a needle a little smaller than the one you used to knit it, start to pull out the next row, one stitch at a time. Watch where the loop comes out of and put your needle in the stitch that’s there. Do it one at a time all the way across the row.

On regular yarn, there are all kinds of ways to frog efficiently, but on some of the funky, furry yarns, you can’t tell what’s what.

Thank you, Ingrid! I used a smaller needle and it worked! That just made my day! :cheering: :cheering: :heart: :cheering: :cheering:

Frog? New term for me! I’m going to have to look that one up! :wink:

Let me tell you! Let me tell you!

Frog=rip it, rip it, rip it!! :lol:

LOL! I was thinking it was some special technique! I actually Googled it but all I got were patterns for frogs! LOL!

Hee, I was puzzled at first when I heard the term. :??

frog = :frog:

LOL! Yes, this was me :frog: over the weekend! Too funny!

On a more serious note, this site is truly a blessing. Thanks to the people who respond to my questions and for the board owner for creating the site.