Design Demo Swap

I posted a while back regarding my interest in organizing a swap so people could demo their original designs, at the same time geting constructive criticism on their ability to write clear instructions.

The concept I had was this:
[ol]
[li][COLOR=blue]Everyone involved in the swap would design and knit a pattern. [/COLOR][/li][li][COLOR=blue]They would then send the item they knit and pattern they wrote to Recipient # 1. [/COLOR][/li][li][COLOR=blue]Recipient # 1 then knits the pattern themselves, critiques the pattern and checks for errors. [/COLOR][/li][li][COLOR=blue]Once done, Recipient # 1 would forward the item THEY knitted from the pattern, the pattern itself and their notes to Recipient # 2. The item Recipient # 1 received from the designer is theirs to keep. [/COLOR][/li][li][COLOR=blue]Recipient # 2 would knit the same pattern adding to the notes and critique from Recipient # 1. [/COLOR][/li][li][COLOR=blue]Recipient # 2 would get to keep the knitted item they received from Reciprient # 1. (but it would be nice to take pics for the designer) [/COLOR][/li][li][COLOR=blue]They would then send the item they created from the pattern back to the designer with the notes, so the designer can correct the pattern. [/COLOR][/ol][COLOR=blue]I would estimate this to be a 3 month swap. One month to knit each pattern.[/COLOR][/li]

Well, here we go! We are going to work in groups of 3, in your chosen category. Your team will choose a name and we will create a thread in the KAL Section with each teams name so you can have a place to post pictures and everyone can see the progress as well as discuss the patterns.

The categories are:
Hat/headwear
Fingerless mitts/Gloves
Socks
Scarf

If you would like to join, please inbox me with the following.

[COLOR=seagreen]KH Name:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]Name:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]Project:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2e8b57]Techniques you will be planning to use: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2e8b57](ie: entrelac, short rows, cables, etc)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]Any technique you prefer NOT to use? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen](For example, if you HATE doing intarsia I will do everything I can not to stick you in a group that has an intarsia project)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]Skill Level: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen](I want this to be a challenge, but not overwhelming)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#2e8b57][COLOR=purple]If you would like to join, please try to get the above info to me as soon as possible so I can assign teams.[/COLOR] [/COLOR]

:yay::cheering::yay:

I’m loving this idea- but I’m a little nervous!!! I will ponder a bit today- MKZ

Wow! What a groovy swap idea. Unfortunately, I’m not at the point where I’m designing these types of projects nor am I capable (yet) of knitting something in only a month (I’m megga slow). I do, however, look forward to keeping up with everyone’s projects and the swap itself on this forum.

Have gobs of fun on this one, gang.

My problem is I have too many ideas. But I think I am going to do socks. I think.