Decreasing 3x3 Rib

patterns

Hi,

I’m knitting the “Ripple Crop Top” by Jessie Mae, but I decided to add longer sleeves. The whole top is knit in 3x3 ribbing, and I just can’t seem to figure out how to decrease the sleeves while maintaining the ribbing.

I’m currently thinking I should decrease two columns (6 stitches) of ribbing in a single round, but am worried that will look a little too drastic. Does anyone have a good idea? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bee

Decreasing 6 sts is likely too many in a single round. You could decrease one stitch on either side of the seam or on either side of a faux seam if you’re working in the round. You can work one or two sts in from that seam. Yes, you’ll change the number of rib sts but the pattern still looks quite nice.
Here’s a video for decreases on something knit flat but the same idea would apply if you’re knitting in the round.

I was afraid that decreasing six stitches would be too many, thanks for your input. That’s a good idea, I’ll try that! Thank you for your help :slight_smile: