Could somebody verify this for me (re: pattern)

Ok, so I just want to be 100% sure I’m doing this correctly before I go on any further. I’m making a baby hat on DPN’s. That pattern is worked in moss stitch (*K1, P1, rep from * to end for one round then *P1, K1, rep from * to end for the next round). Once I get to shaping the crown the pattern says:

*Patt 6, (patt 2 tog) twice, patt 6, rep from * to end (70 sts).

SO – what I would do is: (K1, P1) 3 times, then (K2 tog) twice, then (K1, P1) 3 times, then repeat the whole sequence til the end. Is that correct???

I THOUGHT I had it sorted in my head, but now I am just confusing myself and I wanted to be sure I was doing this correctly before I went on. Can somebody please steer me in the right direction? Thanks!

I am no expert, but I think the reductions would be to do the “2 tog” in whatever stitch came next in the K1 P1 or P1 K1 pattern.

for example:

K1, P1, K1, P1, K2 tog, P2 tog, K1, P1, K1, P1

I am sure someone else can be more definative though.

I think Birdy has it on the button. If my calculations are correct (and they rarely are) you should K1, P1, K1, P1, K1, P1, K2tog, P2tog, K1, P1, K1, P1, K1, P1 and then repeat. But I’m not 100% sure about anything, so you may not want to trust my jugement :teehee:

That actually makes more sense to do it that way… I knew there was a reason why I was second guessing myself. It has always been my understanding that “patt” just means to keep with the pattern… ?

So K2tog P2tog makes more sense as it’s still keeping with the pattern. I’ll do it that way. :slight_smile: Thanks!