Changing from reverse stockinette to stockinette

I have a lace panel pattern that is designed for a background of reverse stockinette, but I want to knit it on a background of regular stockinette (the knit side). Does anyone know how to do this? This may be a dumb question, but I can’t seem to figure it out :blush:

The pattern is “Leaf Lace Panel”, downloaded from the Knitting Bee website. I’ve tried starting with a knit row instead of purl, which would make the knit side the RS and the purl side the WS, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

You’re on exactly the right track. You need to change the directions to knit when it says purl and purl when it says knit. (So K on the RS and P on the WS.)

1 Like

Nice pattern! If you only want to change the background switch the purls for knit on the area surrounding the leaf pattern only. That looks like the areas before and after the decreases and before and after the yarn overs. Keep the leaves themselves as knit.

The leaves may not pop out as much but it should still be a pretty pattern.

2 Likes

Thank you! :grin: That’s what I thought, but I seem to be doing something wrong – going to try again after lunch.

Thank you – it is pretty, isn’t it? I had already thought of your suggestions, but I seem to be doing something wrong. It’s the only pattern I’ve found that really works for my project, so I’m going to try again after lunch, take it a bit slower this time. :smiley: