Celebrities Who Knit?

I’m not into Hollyweird at all! But I saw on a lead-in to Knitty Gritty that Justine Bateman is addicted to knitting…like most of us here! :woot: I always liked her, wish she would do more stuff. I still enjoy her on reruns of Family Ties.

I could tell that Goldie Hawn was a knitter when I saw her doing it on Foul Play. I love to scrutinize knitters on TV or movies and see whether they really ARE knitters.

Anyone else know of any celebrity knitters???

Tyne Daly used to knit on Judging Amy episodes.

I just purchased a special LIFE magazine–“Remembering Grace: 25 Years Later.” There’s a picture in there of Grace Kelly knitting while someone worked on styling her hair (on the set of [I]The Swan[/I]).

I Googled ‘Celebrities that knit’ and got this list: List of celebrity knitters (this list is by no means all inclusive): Julia Roberts, Madonna, Iman, Hilary Swank, Cameron Diaz, Daryl Hannah, Goldie Hawn, Eartha Kitt, Winona Ryder, Julianne Moore, Rose McGowan, Courtney Thorne-Smith, Kate Moss, Madeline Albright, Vanna White, Megan Mullaly, Sarah Jessica Parker, Joanne Woodward, Bob Mackie, Stu Bloomberg, Rosie Grier.

I’m sure that there are more, knitting is very much in style right now.

I’m a celebrity! And I knit!

OK, maybe only to my kids… :roflhard:

Hey! Aren’t all those people lucky to be in the company of us!! :slight_smile:

I saw Lisa Loeb on Knitty Gritty once

I"m betting that Joan Cusak knit? She was knitting in the movie Raising Helen and she looked like she knew what she was doing.

I read some funny stuff from Tracey Ulmann in the book Knit 2 Together. Gotta get that book.

I think Katie ummm the gal who married Tom knits…

Ok so these are not current movie stars but…

Bette Davis used to knit a lot

ohh and then on the Joan Crawford bio they said that she would drive [FONT=Arial]Norma Shearer crazy with the clicking of her knitting needles on the set of The Women[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]He[/FONT]reis a flickr account with a lot of the older stars knitting…

Thanks! I’m TOTALLY an old movie buff!

Oooh! Wouldn’t want to cross Joan Crawford while she was weilding sharp, pointy sticks!!

I love old movies, too! Could never get enough of Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant! Bringing up Baby is one of my favorites! Of course it is, there’s a cat in it!!

I love old movies too - and used to be a total Hepburn freak!!! Bringing up Baby is a classic!!! :yay:

karen

Classic movies are my favorite…I’ve always got one playing…even my kids know them… My 3yr old loves Yankee Doodle Dandy :rofl:

In one episode of “I dream of Jeannie” Jeannie (Barbara Eden) was “knitting” a blue (it looked like the very old acrylic of the 60’s) for her master… but I don’t know if she was really knitting because she blinked at it and got the unfinished sleeve completed. Then she blinked at it and her master was wearing it.
Also in the movie “Sweet November” Charlize… don’t remember her last name was knitting.

one of the magazines had an article with Kate Hudson and Uma Thurman in yarn shops buying stuff.

There’s a bunch here:

and here

The first book got me hooked on knitting…The scarves looked great and were mostly all just garter stitch, which helped me understand I could create great looking stuff without knowing too much about knitting! :muah:

Audrey Hepburn was a knitter - of course in the scene from Breakfast at Tiffanys (my picture - because I loveee her!) - but she was also a knitter herself. She did it alot while on set waiting to shoot. I think I’ve read that Katherine Heigl knits too, and shes known to work on projects while on set as well.

I :heart: Breakfast at Tiffanys. I wish Audrey H was still alive and was my next door neighbor and she would come over for tea on Sunday afternoons and knit with me. sigh

I wonder if Jane Goodall knits?