Cast on at each end?

Hi kids. I’m working on a top. The pattern reads: cast on 33 at each end. Do I cast on the first 33, then knit across and cast on the other 33? Do I cast on the first 33, and since I’m working on circs (not in the round) do I start another skein of yarn and cast on the 33 at the other end? I’m so confused and I hope I haven’t confused you!!! Help…

:?? :shock: :wall:

AARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Kelly

Since you’re not working in the round, cast on the first 33, then work across. Turn your work, and cast on the other 33 sts, then continue with the pattern. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Silver. This wonderment has been going through my head for days!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was looking for the answer to a similar question- I can figure out how to cast on additional stitiches at the end of a row… but how do you do it at the beginning of a row?

I find that the easiest way to cast on at the beginning of a row is “knitting on.” Amy’s description: *Knit 1, leaving stitch on left needle. Transfer new stitch onto left needle by slipping it knit-wise. Repeat from * Video here. HTH!

thanks! I’ll give it a try.

I’m knitting a sweater after a long time of not knitting… and MOST of it is coming back to me, but not all! In a few rows I will need to CO stitches at the start of 2 rows. I watched the video linked above. If that were being done in a project, would the current stitches be on the left needle, and the yarn is the working yarn? That would make sense, but I just wanted to check.

Glad I found all of you! I’ve learned alot just by reading through everything…

LAGRANGEVILLE!!! I’M IN PLEASANT VALLEY!!!

Whew Yes, you’re right about the increases.