Cascade 220 Superwash

I have almost finished knitting a baby blanket with Cascade 220 Superwash. I just read several reviews on Ravelry which has me worried about the care and quality of this yarn. I have spent a couple months working on this and thinking I had a yarn that would be suitable for a baby. What kind of experiences have some of you had with this yarn? The woman at the LYS recommended this yarn for babies.

I didn’t use Cascade Superwash 220 but I have used Knit Picks Swish Superwash wool to knit my grandson’s sweater. I use it for all the knitting I do for my two grandsons who live in VA. One is 10 years old and the other will be 8 months old on the 12th of Oct.
So if you are having questions about using a superwash wool, knit a swatch and throw it in the washing machine and dryer on low heat and see how or if it has changed in size or texture.

I wish I had done that. Since the lady at the LYS recommended it, I never had any doubts until I read some of the reviews.

I’ve used Cascade Superwash without any problems. I see that there are close to 70,000 projects on Ravelry and a 4 star review, so in general, knitters seem to like it.
http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/cascade-yarns-220-superwash
That said, Cascade has changed country of origin for some of its yarn and the quality control has slipped.

Thank you. I saw where someone said to wash it in a laundry bag and then partially dry before blocking. That is what I will do. I am close to finishing so it is too late to turn back.