Cascade 220 Superwash

Anyone tell me how soft it is? I want to make a baby sweater (12 month size) with machine washable merino that doesn’t break the bank. Thought about KP Swish, but don’t really like the colors.

candice

I’ve never used it but I’ve seen it. It seems like I didn’t think it was as nice as the superwash sitting near by it at the store. That was Mission Falls which I really like and have used. I’ve used the KP Swish and it’s okay but not quite nice as Mission Falls, both are soft however. Lorna’s Laces is very soft- but very expensive. However you do get a lot of yardage. I have had things “grow” more with Lorna’s Laces than with Mission Falls after washing.

Good Luck.

i have no idea how soft it is. seems like it felt the same as the 220 when i picked it up in the store, but it was $16 and the plain 220 was $6.60. i had to go with the plain 220.

How about Brown Sheep Worsted Superwash? I like their color selection, but haven’t seen or felt it IRL.

220 Superwash is not merino, and it really isn’t all that soft.

Personally, I think it’s soft for a non-merino wool. My daughters have sweaters made from 220 superwash (thanks, mom!), and they never complain of itchiness. My neice has a matching one, and she is really, really sensitive to wool, and hasn’t complained either. :shrug: They’ve held up really well too. :smiley:

That said…my older DD also has a sweater made from Swish (the KintPicks superwash) and it’s also very nice – and much cheaper!

I have some beautiful merino. Nothing over $3. If interested I’ll send pics but not sure if colors suitable for baby.