Can anyone help pattern says K3, ybk, s1p , yft, k2 but the way I'm reading this I end up with an extra stitch which I shouldn't have ???

Can anyone help pattern says K3, ybk, s1p , yft, k2 but the way I’m reading this I end up with an extra stitch which I shouldn’t have ???

Hello
What pattern are you using?

To me it uses 6 stitches and creates 7 stitches, so an increase of 1 stitch on this instruction.
Is that what you are getting?

Welcome to the forum!
What is the name of your pattern and designer?

It’s James Brett PatternJB842.

To me this looks like either a poorly written pattern or an error. I couldn’t find errata for it. I think what it should be is to slip purlwise with yarn to the WS of the work. In this line it would be s1 wyib. The explanation of where the yarn should be is confusing at best.

1 Like

I think you’re right GG. Wow! That is incredibly confusing.

The odd numbered rows are the right side of the fabric (cable taking place row 3) so the even numbered rows are the wrong side, and the part in question is row 2, 4, 6…
Ybk, s1p, yft
Is then: with yarn held on wrong side of fabric, slip 1 purlwise, with yarn held on right side of fabric continue working.

1 Like

Thankyou I was really confused I have s1p with yf and then knitted 2 yb and the pattern is working. Really think the yft and ybk totally unnecessary and causing major confusion

1 Like