Hi . I,m knitting Sarah Hattons Birchwood sweater , its knit flat . I,ve knit cables before and followed a cable chart .
However on this pattern there are two cable charts … one small cable chart which has 8 rows and a larger cable chart of 12 rows .
I have completed the two set up rows . Both charts are used in each row . The pattern says to continue in pattern until the lenght for my size … my question is …when i have completed the 8rows of the small chart do i start again from row one of this chart while carrying on with rows 9.10.11 and 12 of the large chart . I,m asuming i do . Hope this makes sense . Thank you
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/birchwood-jumper
Love all those cables!
Yes, you have the correct idea. Work each chart to its end, then repeat when you reach the end of the chart. Each chart will keep repeating sometimes in sync and sometimes not. It may help to keep a table with two columns for the repeating cable rows. That way you can mark them off as you work them.
If you have a couple of row counters you can track each cable pattern as you go. I have something like this
In a couple of different colours and sizes, they’re pretty basic but do the job. I write on my cable chart blue, big red, small red etc so i know which counter belongs to each chart.
Many thanks for your help . I will try the row counter idea.
Thank you … you know when you think you know but just need confirmation. Thanks
We’re happy to be a sounding board for help or just confirmation. It’s a lovely sweater. We’d love to see a photo when you finish!
That’s a very pretty sweater! As @salmonmac said, we love to see pics of finished items…or even in-progress shots. There’s a thread called What’cha Knitting every month, where we can post what we’re working on.
