Boy Scarf

There’s a 7 year old and a 10 year old who would like a knitted scarf. But all the scarf patterns I find are too girly. And the cool boy/man scarves I find are too complicated, using cables and techniques like that which I haven’t learned yet.

Can anyone suggest a simple pattern that would work for a boys scarf?

Thank you! :thumbsup:

What about a striped Harry Potter type scarf?

Could you give me a link please? :heart:

There’s a Knit Along on it right here!

Wow! Those are beautiful! I’d love to make one for myself :smiley:

But I think it would take me way too long to make for the boys :frowning:

You could make a shorter, narrower version. Or just a striped single-layer scarf.

The [Scrunchable scarf]](http://www.knitlist.com/96gift/giftsscarf.htm) could be manly depending on the yarn you use…

(I am a TOTAL scrunchable scarf fan now, have you noticed??)

I’m making a “manly” scarf with the following pattern:

worsted weight yarn (350 yards)
size 11 needles

CO 21 stitches
Row 1: K1 P1, repeat to last stitch, k last stitch.

Row 2: K all stitches.

gauge: 4"=15-1/2 stiches/16 rows

finished size 7 x 50 (or thereabouts)

This is going really fast, is a nice non-gender pattern.

I think you could use different weights of yarn and size needles as long as it was done on an uneven number of stitches.

I feel that circular knitting goes so much faster. Maybe doing a shorter Harry Potter type scarf but not changing colors would be a quick option.

Ooooo, I like that idea. Could you show me a picture? I want to see what that would look like. :inlove:

Well, I think I knit better than I take pictures and this is in black so I’m not sure how well it’s going to show.

Oy! This picture thing is really hard. I’m not sure the pattern will show, I’m knitting in black cashmere.

I like it! Very interesting. I might try that. :happydance:

I love that scrunchable scarf… it’s gorgeous. The black scarf in progress is pretty hot too.

I’ve made my hubby a scarf but it was just alternating 10 inch squares of garter and 10 inch squares of stocking. I left off the fringe cause he said fringe is femme to him.

I’ve picked up several nice scarf patterns (free) on the Knitpicks site. And they have some nice, cheap patterns, also. That might be worth a look.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kmstripe-ribStitchHatAndScarf.html