Bind off at neck edge help

I don’t know why I can’t get this. I’ve made 4 other sweaters and never had a problem figuring it out. They were other patterns, but still. I’m making this pattern I’m at the back, right after binding off the center 8 sts.

[B][I]Bind off at each neck edge every other row: 3 sts 1 time, 2 sts 1 time, 1 st 1 time.[/I][/B]

Okay, I figure I’ll attach another skein and work both sides at the same time. Does it matter if the bind off isn’t on the same rows? I mean, I can’t bind off at the neck edge on one side at the end of that row, because how would I drop off the last st? It would have to be when I start in the other direction for that row.

Am I just confusing myself? Am I making any sense at all?

Yes, you can only BO at the beginning of a row so it will have to be on different rows for the left front and right front. Attach another strand of yarn or else do one side, then the other.
So you BO 3sts first, then 2 sts the next time, then only 1 st (or dec 1 st which could be done at the end of a row).

It’s strange that the more I know/understand about knitting patterns and construction of items, the less sure I am about doing things. You’d think it would be the other way around!!