Berroco Knitting Tote-Pattern Question, pass sl st over yo

I did a search and found pretty much the same question as mine, but I didn’t quite understand the answer and that was over a year ago and am hoping to get some clarification.

I’m only on Rnd 2 and have a question about the pattern. Below is the 4 Rnd pattern, with the Rnd in question in a different color.

Rnd 1: Knit
[COLOR=“Red”]Rnd 2: *Sl 1 WYIB, yo, k1, pass sl st over yo and k1, rep from *[/COLOR]
Rnd 3: Knit
Rnd 4: K1, *sl 1 WYIB, yo, k1, pass sl st over yo and k1, rep from *

Here’s my problem:

I’ve knit the first round and now have completed the first 3 stitches on the 2nd round. I’ve slipped one with the yarn in back, done a yarn over, then knitted one…and now I’m stuck. There are 3 stitches on the needle (well, more…but you know…) the first one being the slipped stitch, the 2nd being the yarn over and the 3rd being the knitted stitch.

For: “pass sl st over yo” , the slipped stitch is the first stitch on the needle so passing it over the yo would require me to move the knitted stitch back to the left needle or pass the slipped stitch over the knitted stitch as well. This doesn’t make much sense to me.

OR…do I sl 1 WYIB, yo, pass the slipped stitch over the yo then knit? though that’s not quite what the pattern says.

Help! I’m sure I explained so it’s clear as mud eh? Please let me know if you need clarification.

Pattern can be found here: Knitting Tote Pattern

Take another look at the wording here with the right emphasis –

[COLOR=Red]pass sl st over yo [B]and[/B] k1

[COLOR=Black]You pass the slip st over [B]both[/B] the yo and k1. [/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Thank you thank you thank you :slight_smile: This is my first “intermediate” pattern and getting held up on the 2nd round of stitches isn’t a good sign!