Bernat Roving Cocoon Cardigan pattern help

Hi I have just started this cardigan using an Irish Moss stitch and all was going well until I started decreasing stitche. Can anybody please help me :sleepy:

Can you please tell us the name of the pattern and provide a link if possible? Don’t post the pattern itself here due to copyright issues. All patterns are different so it helps if we can see it. If it’s a purchased pattern the link and name are still helpful.

Hello Jan here is the link many thanks for your help with this

https://www.yarnspirations.com/gb/bernat-cocoon-cardigan/BRK0129-003697M.html?cgid=knit-patterns

Is the problem that the pattern isn’t lining up correctly or something else?

Hi yes the pattern isn’t lining up. Many thanks for your reply

You can write out the pattern, subtracting one stitch from the beginning of the row after the edge stitch but the best way to work this is to “read” your knitting. Look at the rows below and at the stitches currently on the needle. After the edge stitch, if you have 2 rows of Vs, then the next stitch you should make is a purl. If you have 2 previous rows of bumps, then the next stitch to make is a knit and so on.
This is a valuable skill which will always help you with pattern stitches. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

That’s very helpful I will try this and let you know how I get on. Many thanks for your help