Bernat Blanket Yarn Surprise Inside

I posted this on Facebook and someone said Bernat Blanket Yarn isn’t supposed to be pulled from the center. How does one know that? I pull from the center as much as possible. Why spend the time winding a ball if you can pull from the center. I can’t post a video here but there was a toy in the middle of my skein!

2 Likes

Maybe the reason is just so you pull from the outside and get to the surprise at the end?
I’ve heard all sorts of reasons for pulling from one end or the other but I tend to pull from the inside if possible.

1 Like

Thanks, Salmonac! I feel better now! Pulling from the center is so much nicer if you can find the end and not have yarn barf!

Beth

2 Likes

What a cutie! I guess you only expected to find a yarn end inside? Either way, I think that probably was the reason they asked the knitter to use it from the outside. I still prefer using yarn from the inside though, unless there’s a practical reason like the yarn untwisting (not really applicable here though).

2 Likes

How cute! I was going to use the yarn I’m knitting into illusion socks from the middle of the ball but the yarn barf was bad enough that I ended up making cakes. I’d rather work from the outside of a cake but if it’s already made up into a center pull ball that I don’t need to divide I’ll use yarn that way.