Beginner Help Needed

Hello,

I’m a beginner knitter, and am attempting to knit my wee dog a jumper.
So far, so good, but I’ve become stuck and need guidance!
I’ve got to the point where I’ve followed the pattern, having increased by 4 stitches, but now I’m unclear on how to proceed.
As I keep knitting, following the pattern I will keep increasing stitches - how do I knit the new stitches?
Any help very much appreciated :relieved:

Welcome to KH!
What is the name of your pattern? Are you knitting in the round at this part of the pattern?

Hello!
It’s Scouts Super Snuggly Jumper by Debbie Humphries.
No, not knitting in the round

I couldn’t get to a photo of your pattern but it certainly looks like an interesting book. The increased sts can be taken into the stockinette stitch panel (knit on the right side, purl on the wrong side).

Thankyou so much for your help.
I only just took up knitting through lockdown, and have only knitted hats up to now.

Could you please advise on what it means when it says ‘in every 4th row as set’

1 Like

The pattern has an increase row every 4th row (rows 3 and 7 out of 8 total pattern rows). Follow the pattern rows including the increases and cable crosses. Of course, you’ll have to account for the increased sts so the numbers at the stockinette panels will be increasing from those given in rows 1-8.
Welcome to knitting! Good for you for making hats and following patterns. I hope we get to see this little sweater on the model.

Hello, I’m back again! Could someone please advise as I’m a bit stuck.
So, I’ve got to the part of the pattern where I’ve increased my stockinet temperature panels and I now have 84 stitches.
As it now says to work straight, I thought I should be knitting 20 stitches on each side in the stockinette panel, but doing that seems to have thrown me out!!
Aargh, I’m sure this should be really simple, but I’ve got myself confused.
I’m determined to finish this properly.
Photo is where I’ve currently got to.

Thanks in advance.

That looks really lovely! As far as I can see the cable panels seem to be aligned. Follow the pattern that you have been working in the previous rows, the central cable and moss stitch panel with the stockinette and moss stitch border on each side. Remember to place the markers at the 11cm and then a further 10cm rows (you can always measure them at any time).

Where do you think you’ve gone out of pattern?