Baby Cable Hat

Ok lol I so threw the mitten away I HATED IT lol …sooooo I have decided to make a hat for my mother in - law and pray it comes out ok lol…this is what it is supose to look like when done lol we shall see. AND I am going to make some seatbelt snuggers three of them mom, mother in law, and neighbor. My neighbor I think I am going to make a change purse type thing, or a headband to keep ears warm. My mom …who knows lol I have already made her a hat, scarf’s yes more than one lol, purse, and an afghan…so we will see what i can find to make her lol. ANYWAYS here is the hat i am TRYING to make lol wish me luck!
Hugs,
Vanessa :XX:

Threw it away??? You saved the yarn at least, right?

That is a great hat! Let us know how it goes.

Ditto to what Liz said, I meant to say that! Please tell us where you got the pattern!

I tried to save the yarn, but since it was JIFFY and it was FUZZY and i knit tight it was imposable to save, I even had Hubby work at it and he said screw this lol. SO it got thrown away lol. The hat I found on the internet let me see if i can find the site…BINGO found it!!! > http://www.knitlist.com/99gift/baby-ribbed-hat.htm
I took a picture of what i have so far…it does not look like the picture of the hat BUT i am begining to see the mock cables so i am going to let it go and see what happens lol. Here is the picture of what I have so far. ENJOY!!
Hugs,
Ness :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

It looks GREAT so far! Thanks for the link and photo.

Wow!

Looks great - I have yet to tackle cables…they look pretty hard to me!

I’ve seen cables done… they looke asy when someone else is doing 'em…

I’ve yet to tackle them myself… but it’s #2 on my challenge list

GREAT pattern, I’ll have to DL it…

neato pattern! Your hat looks great so far. Love the color!

That’s a really pretty pattern! Love the color you are using! :thumbsup:

These are “mock” cables…very easy if you just follow the pattern carefully! No cable needle required :slight_smile:

This hat is SO EASY trust me!!! I can only do basic cables and this is called a MOCK CABLE…it really is not a cable lol…read the pattern and after you read it …you will want to do it trust me lol . I did not have a size 7 double point I DO NOT like to make hats on circular needles so I am using a 6 and to be honest not to much a a diffrence between the 6 and 7 needles, so it just might come out ok. I hope someone else starts this hat as well…I am going to be making two of them this one and one more …don’t know what color just yet, but i am going to make it as my exchange gift for christmas with my husbands family. This one is for my mother in-law and the GREEN is ALOT softer colored in person, I just could not get a good picture lol.It is like a soft SAGE green because my mother in-law has that color in her house and she JUST re did the house I figured she liked that color lol. Well off th knit i go lol…I figured out what to make my two neighbors …the seatbelt hugger and a dish rag thats got three crosses in the design. My mom I thought LONG AND HARD and i am going to make her NOTHING…I am going to instead invite my mom to my mother inlaws again she enjoyed it so much , and she keeps telling me not to make or buy anything so i will do that lol. Ok ok ok off to knit lol and eat lunch i am HUNGRY lol…
Hugs,
Vanessa
PS adding a picture of me for you all to see! :roflhard: :cheering: :roflhard:

Congrats!

Aren’t you adorable! Thanks for posting a pic.

when are you due? my daughter is due 1/1/06 but I think she’ll go in Dec. At least we hope she does. LOL.
We know it’s a girl and her name will be Baylee Alyssa!

:cheering: YAYYYYYYYYYY! :cheering: BABY BELLLYYYYYYYYY!!! :cheering:

The doctor told me my due date would be 2/17/06 but i am tell’n you she will be here in January lol…she is setting REAL LOW and not moving up and i pee like al lthe time! I pray she moves up and will move to head down. The last Ultra sound showed her breach and i pray she will just move her lazzy butt around lol. My husband can not agree on a name so she will not be names till she is born. I have 3 names i love and we will see!!!
Hugs,
Vanessa :happydance: