Assistance with increase

patterns

hi I am knitting rambling man (Drops) pattern. here is the link https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=5635&type=all&page=10&cid=15#comments
I just started working on the sleeves. right after the rib for the sleeves, and after knitting 23/8", I need to increase and the instruction is:

Then switch to needle size 4 mm / US 6 and work next row from RS as follows: 1 edge st in garter st, 12-13-14-15-17-17 sts in A.4, work A.1 one time, 12-13-14-15-17-17 sts in A.4, finish with 1 edge st in garter st. AT THE SAME TIME when piece measures 6 cm / 2 3/8’’, inc 1 st inside 1 edge st in each side - Read INCREASE TIP above. NOTE: Work the inc sts in A.4._ Repeat inc every 3½-3-2½-2½-2½-2½ cm / 1 1/4"-1 1/8"-7/8"-7/8"-7/8"-7/8" a total of 14-15-16-17-16-17 times = 90-94-98-102-104-106 sts.

I am unclear what they mean by this. Is there anyone whom can assist me in interpreting these instructions? Thank you.

Beautiful cardigan with lovely patterns.
The increases for the sleeves are spaced out every so many inches, every 1 1/4" for the smallest size or every 7/8" for the larger sizes. Repeat the increase 14 times for the smallest size until you have a total of 90sts. For the largest slze, repeat 17 times for a total of 106 sts.

Thank you very much for your reply. What I am most confused about is where to make the increases because I understand the instruction to “inc 1 st inside 1 edge st in each side” which edge stitch is worked as a garter stitch but I am confused when the instruction says “NOTE: Work the inc sts in A.4” which A4 refers to pattern stitches. These instructions say the opposite to what the first part of the instruction says “inc 1 st inside 1 edge st in each side”. Does that mean I am increasing a total of 2 sts or 4 sts? Thanks for your feedback and help.

The pattern for the sleeve is “one edge st-A.4-A.1-A.4-one edge st”. The directions want you to increase in the A.4 pattern in other words maintain the one edge stitch at each end but work your increases by expanding the A.4 pattern at the junction between A.4 and the singe edge stitch.

So if you have 12 sts in A.4 at each end on the next inc row you’ll have one edge st-A.4 (13sts)-A.1-A.4 (13sts)-one edge st

thank you that makes sense
have a fabulous day!