Afterthought Lifeline

Hi there,

I’m making a simple lace piece (Open Air Wrap in Tussock by Purl Soho), and just noticed that I made a mistake about 10 rows down. I’ve started tinking back, but it’s taking forever, and I’m wondering if anyone knows of a method for adding an afterthought lifeline in lace knitting?

It’s a simple piece, just YO’s and P2tog’s, but I’ve heard that it’s hard to pick up yarn over’s, and I can’t find a good tutorial showing which way to pick them up. Would you place it on your left needle from the front or the back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There is indeed an afterthought lifeline. Here’s a video for inserting a lifeline several rows below.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you! I do know about the afterthought lifeline, I was actually asking if anyone knows of a resource for applying it to lacework? I’m not sure how to insert a lifeline when working with yarn over’s. Thanks for answering, though :slight_smile:

I was hoping that there was a row of all purls or all knits between pattern rows which would make thw afterthought lifeline easier to add.
If you’re using the right hand needle to place the lifeline then go into the yarn over from the back. If you make a mistake here you can always change the orientation of the yo as you reknit the row.