Adrienne Vittadini Yoga Wrap-Vogue Knitting Question

Hi all!

I am trying to finish this gorgeus sweater up but I am now stuck on the sleeves.

It asks for you to cast on 38 sts. Work in chart pat, AT THE SAME TIME, inc 1 st each side (working incs into pat inside 1 selvage st each side) on 23rd (15th, 11th, 7th) row, then every 22nd (14th , 10th, 6th) row 2(2,8,2) times, every 24th (16th, 0, 8th) row 1(3,0,9) times–46 (50, 56,62) sts. Work even until piece measures 19 1/4"/49cm from beg, end with a WS row.

My problem is when I follow the instructions as I understand them the #'s don’t work out. Am I supposed to be increasing more than I am. What is a selvage stitch.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

The selvage stitch is the one stitch on either edge. These will be the stitches used for seaming and they do not need to be in your stitch pattern because once seamed, they will not be seen.

It depends which size you are making how often your increases are done, but for example if you are doing the smallest size (the number just before the brackets) you will be increasing one stitch on each edge on row 23, the every 22nd row 2 times, so that would be rows 45 and 67. Then every 24th row once, so on row 91. This would be a total of 8 stitches increased. Does that add up, according to the size you are making??

Thank you for your help. I am actually doing the small which is the 1st # in the parentheses, but my understanding is you would increase 1 st each side. Is that wrong. I would understand that to mean that each time I increase it will be two increases. Right or wrong?

I count 6 increases. One at each edge = X2; that means 12. Since you cast on 38, that would result in 50. Seems right.

Increases on row 15, 29, 43, 59, 75, 91.

Is that what you figured?

Yes,

I am counting two increases per increase row. But when I tried the increases on the 1st increase row (15) for my size, the pattern did not work out. I ended up with either to many stitches or to little.

Thank you !