Acrylic help please

:muah: hello all, miss u bunches :muah:
I am knitting Daisy for an infant to wear home from hospital in Jan.
I’ve not done infant knitting, but i do know that I want this to be washable/dryable for mom. This pattern calls for Butterfly Super 10; 100% mercerized cotton. This yarn is said to be dk in some places and worsted in others…this doesn’t concern me bc I believe that gauge will not be problem with either yarn wt.
My question to you…what would be the nicest/softest wash/dry acrylic for baby?
Thanks!
Again :muah: miss you all :muah:

hi Rebecca, my faveorite is caron simply soft, it is really soft and has a nice shine to it also. you can also try bernat softee baby. i like both (but i like the feel and look of simply soft better and its cheaper )

Caron Simply Soft is really nice and comes in lots of colors.

Bernat Softee Baby is super soft, too.

Those are the exact ones I was going to say so… you already have it on good authority that I’m right! :flirt:

:roflhard: Sorry, couldn’t help it!

Caron has a Simply Soft Baby yarn too, in pastel colors.

sue

Dreambaby DK Solids

Dreambaby DK Prints

are both machine wash, lay flat to dry, and the same gauge as the Butterfly.

thanks everyone, i was actually thinking of the dreambaby solids, but she wants machine dry, too.
What is your thought of Encore and/or Encore DK, this is going to be for a cardi with a hood, well, you saw it in my 1st post, Daisy…will this be soft enough for a newborn hoody or no?!
thanks in advance.

i find i use the Katia yarns a lot, esp for baby items, they are soft and durable, washable and wearable… I’ll have a look through my stash for the proper names of them.

Not many people mention them here tho, do many people use these yarns out of curiosity?

I have a bag of Katia Diana waiting to be made into a sweater. It’s lovely stuff – very soft.

I got mine from LittleKnits website.

Can’t wait to have a minute to start using it!

Best,
Susan