Accepting Blanket Donations for the Homeless

joining_yarn
yarn
patterns

Covenant Community Care is a non-profit based in Detroit, Michigan. We provide healthcare (medical, dental, vision, and behavioral health) to all people, regardless their ability to pay. We have a Homeless Outreach Program that provides healthcare needs right on the streets of Detroit, they also provide food, clothing and shelter needs (sleeping bags, tents, blankets, etc.) to the men, women and children who live on the streets and in abandon houses.

We are in need of blankets to help support our Homeless Outreach Program. Any amount of blankets you are willing to donate would help tremendously. We accept all sizes!

For more information please email purchasing@covenantcommunitycare.org

Thank you!!

Since this is a knitting site I assume you mean knitted blankets? I don’t have any right now, but good for people to know.

Hi Jan,

Yes, knitted blankets. Thank you for checking!

Do you also accept crocheted blankets? Do you accept hats, scarves, mittens, etc? Also do you accept knit and crochet items from people with pets? Thanks for your help and thank you for helping others.

Hello,
We absolutely accept crocheted blankets, hats, scarves and mittens!! We currently do not have a need for pet items, most of the homeless people we serve do not have pets.

Thank you for your interest in helping the homeless of Detroit! Let me know if you would like to contribute any of the items mentioned to our mission!

Blessings

Pat,
We do accept knit and crochet items from people with pets.

Blessings!

I’m so happy I think I might cry!:joy: You will really accept my items even though I have a pet??? Most places won’t accept them because of pet hair and dander which I can perfectly understand. I had started making hats, etc only to be turned down because of my little dog. I realize that you can wash and dry the items and never fully eliminate the hair. Thank you so much for giving me hope again :gift_heart:

A little pet hair is no concern to us!! We would graciously accept any donation you are willing to provide.

Our shipping address is 559 West Grand Blvd. Detroit, MI 48216. Please address it to Covenant Community Care attention Cassidy Schroeder.

I’m Cassidy, so I will make sure your items get to our Homeless Outreach Team!!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Blessings!