About the Crochet! category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

No comment. New to KnittingHelp Forum.

Need help crocheting a hat!

Need help with crocheting a hat. As soon as I reach row 10, the pattern doesn’t coordinate. It calls for 69 stitches, increasing from row 9, which was 63 stitches. I have 63 for row 9 but row 10 calls to 2hdc for the first stitches and hdc for the next 10 than repeat until you have 69 stitches, but I can never finish the last 10 hdc because I run out of stiches. What am I doing wrong?! Perhaps I’m messing up the placement of the slip stitch?
Hopefully this link will help. I’m doing the size for a four year old. http://mangotreecrafts.blogspot.ca/2014/07/crochet-dinosaur-hat-pattern.html?m=1