A great find at Joanns - Update: Free pattern, pg3

8 skeins of Paton’s SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) in the clearance bin. $2.97 each . My favorite color combo, pink & green. And they are all of the SAME DYE LOT! :zombie: And bought with my teacher’s discount. Woot! :woohoo:

Yes, it’s TRUE! You can find good stuff at Joanns!

i ended up finding 5 skeins of Lion Brand Chenille thick and quick in a bin for 97 cents each, also same dye lot… i checked the lionbrand site and they’re not discontinuing it so who knows why i was there :slight_smile:

that was also at joann’s :slight_smile:

:shock: Heading to Joann’s right now. Thanks!

edit: or on Monday during my lunch hour.

i’ve been buying my bamboo needles at AC Moore… but they didn’t have any of the sizes I needed…

So the BF and I took an extra 15 minutes and headed up to JoAnns… And the bamboo needles were at least a dollar cheaper… I got a pack of 5 size 6 dpns for $5… that would have cost me at least 8 at ACMoore… Guess where I’m buying my needles from now on? :slight_smile:

I am soooo jealous, I love that yarn! What a great deal!

What a YUMMY color!!!

Way to shop! :cheering: I like that colour a lot. Maybe I can make a trip to the U.S.A. to shop at JoAnn’s this week… Hope so! And that there’s some left in the bin for me! samm

Wow, beautiful! Don’t you love random good deal finds?! :woot:

Wow! I love that yarn!

My college’s colors are pink & green! (It is a women’s college, our mascot is the Vixen! :teehee: www.sbc.edu )

I actually ordered some pink & green yarn from Knit Pick to make a scarf… but now I may have to seach for this yarn!

Great Find!

Wow! I love that yarn!

My college’s colors were/are pink & green! (It is a women’s college, our mascot is the Vixen! :teehee: www.sbc.edu )

I actually ordered some pink & green yarn from Knit Pick to make a scarf… but now I may have to seach for this yarn!

Great Find!

GREAT bargain. I think we need an aussie distributor for many of your products! :slight_smile: What does the soy yarn feel like as I’ve never touched it?

Great find!!!So not fair! I was at Joann’s today and all that was in the clearance bin was nasty eyelash yarn.

This is 70% wool and 30% soy. It reminds me a a lot of Noro Kureyon, except it’s softer to the touch and the soy gives it a lot of sheen, like silk. This is the first time I’ve worked with this and I think I have to say it’s a new favorite!!

Oh, mine had LOTS of eyelash and novelty yarns too, I had to dig for this stuff. But I saw the one skein, I kept digging, and getting happier and happier! I think I need to go back and search some more!

My Joann’s yarn selection has been getting better and better. They have cashmere, alpaca, and I think I even saw a camel blend. :shock:

My Jo-Ann does NOT carry SWS. Too bad for me. :pout: I’ve been very unimpressed with their selection lately. I should try a different Jo-Ann… there’s one in the next town, maybe I’ll check there. Congratulations on the beautiful find!

Clearance bin? I hope Patons is not discontinuing this yarn. I :heart: this yarn! Aw geez I gotta get over to Joannes!!!

wow!! Iwas at my Joann’s store the other day and they were just putting that yarn out saying it was new!!! I thought it was really nice. I’m gonna have to go back and check; the stocking girl did tell me it was her second day to work there.

So lucky!!! I LOVE SWS yarn.

Hi’ya Silver! :waving: Beautiful yarn! Looks like it has a really nice sheen! I love the color combo, too! :heart:

wow…I love the colors in your new yarn. I haven’t been to my Joanns in over a month. I think I’m due to go soon. I never noticed that yarn there. Maybe its new and they are just getting it in some of the stores. I’ll be sure and check it out.

What do you plan to knit with your pretty “find”?:woot:

I hope Patons is not discontinuing this yarn.

It’s probably just Joann’s summer clearance sale. I went to Michael’s when I was out of town last week and not only did they have SWS, there’s new colors! Several solids, and a couplethree new multicolored ones. They’re not on Paton’s website yet, but I found them at http://www.discountyarnsale.com/pd_patons_sws.cfm Click on the color chart.