3 stitch cable

Hi, I’m new to knitting & I just registered today. I’m attempting to knit a 3 stitch cable scalf(cable in the center). It’s the first time that I’ve used a cable needle so I’m not sure if I’m doing it right :thinking: It seems awkward to me. Is there a video showing a cable stitch?? How do I get to the videos??
Thanks

If you go to this page: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/ and scroll about halfway down, you’ll see the video for cables.

The site videos are in three places: the “Basic Techniques” tab, the “Advanced Techniques” tab, and the “Abbreviations Explained” tab, all at the top of the page.

Welcome to KH! :smiley:

Thanks Julie for posting the link

:smiley: Welcome to the forum, Laura48 :waving:

Thanks for the welcome mat, Rebecca. It’s nice to be here. I just took 2 knitting classes so I don’t feel too confident in :XX: Is it possible to view the videos with just a dial up modem(which I have) rather than DLS? I haven’t had any luck doing it so far.

Welcome! :waving:

To view the videos with dial-up, I’d suggest saving them to your computer. Open the link to the video, and stop it from playing, since you want to save it rather than play it… On the bottom of the window that pops up, you will find a link where you can save the file to your computer. You can then view the video whenever you want… on or offline! :thumbsup:

Nicole, thanks for your reply about saving when you download videos. That was just what I needed. I :heart: this forum. Everyone is so helpful.

You are very welcome Laura!!! My computer tends to freeze up when it’s trying to “stream” a video, so even though I have cable, I still save the videos.

I :heart: this forum too! I joined here in November to ask a question, and enjoyed myself here so much that I stayed… as my number of posts proves… or does that just prove that I don’t shut up? :thinking: