2/5/2 stitch

Is there a video that shows the 2/5/2 cable being worked. I swear I’m following the directions, but I’m off 2 stitches.

What are the instructions for your 2/5/2 cable?

2/5/2 RC: Sl 2 to dpn, sl 2 to 2nd dpn, hold to back of 1st dpn, sl 1 to cn, hold to front, sl 2 to 2nd dpn, hold to back, k2 keeping 2nd dpns in back and cn in front; return sts from 1st dpn to LH needle, p2 from 2nd dpn, k1 from cn, p2 from 2nd dpn, k2.

I calculate this is 11 stitches, not the 9 defined by the patter. This is from the American Afghan - Patt Tanton Hewitt square.

Cam

This is innovative.
2/5/2 RC:
Sl 2 to dpn, [I]that’s 2sts[/I]
sl 2 to 2nd dpn, hold to back of 1st dpn, [I]that’s 2sts[/I]
sl 1 to cn, hold to front, [I]that’s 1st[/I]
sl 2 to 2nd dpn, hold to back, that’s 2sts
k2 keeping 2nd dpns in back and cn in front;[I]that’s 2sts[/I]
[I]and that’s the 9sts. It’s a lot to keep going but should be interesting to see the result[/I]

return sts from 1st dpn to LH needle [I](that’s 2sts), [/I]p2 from 2nd dpn, k1 from cn, p2 from 2nd dpn, k2 [I]and this is knitting the 9sts off the various dpns and the cable needle[/I]…

Thanks. I’ll stop working, and give it a try. If it works, there goes my non-profit project, housekeeping, etc.
Cam

Ready for the real story – Your outline and mine matched, but it still wasn’t working – not enough stitches to do the entire row – okay, had to be pilot error. Went back to my pattern guide (I always copy complicated pattersn into 4x6 spiral index cards, so I don’;t lose my place.) In the copying I simply left out about 12 stitches in C row, and 1 stitch in another spot. Can you say “Duuhhh!” Thanks for helping, though. It helped me rethink the problem.

I may become addicted to this web site.