1st Project

I have finally finished my first project, the “Easy Knit Shawl” from the free patterns section. I will attempt to post some pictures as soon as I can get someone to model it for me. To my amazement, my 2 youngest granddaughters(5 & 6 years old) have asked me to make them shawls, just like mine. :teehee: Of course they want them in different colors, but bless their little hearts they want triangle shawls, just like the kind I aways wear! That’s my new challenge, to figure out how to down-size this shawl for little girls. I’m going to work on some swatches and see how it goes, if I can’t figure it out I’ll be posting a plea for help later. The one thing I know for sure, I’ll not be using the same type of yarn I used for mine, LB’s Homespun, a nice simple worsted weight will do fine for their shawls.
Linda

Awwww… it’s so cute that they wanna be just like Grandma! Congratulations on your first FO!

Congrats on your FO! Post some pics when you can!

Way to go! It will be fun to knit for little girls, much smaller projects. :wink:

:cheering: How exciting! Can’t wait to see it! I’m hope to knit some shawls this fall. That is so very sweet that your grandchildren want to be like you :cheering:

:cheering:

As a beginning knitter, I don’t even need to see a photo to be proud of you! Good for you! :cheering:

How long did it take you???

:cheering: :cheering: Great Job!! It is a great feeling when you finish that first project :cheering: :cheering:

Hooray!!! I am close to finishing the same shawl as a gift for my grandmother! I agree, the Homespun is a bit annoying although it does make a nice soft shawl…I probably won’t use it again.

Congrats on your first project! On to bigger and better! :cheering:

I’ve about figured out the gauge for my little girls shawls, and I’ll be making a couple of adaptions to the pattern as well. I’m keeping notes as I’m doing the swatches so I can post them with the pictures when I get them finished. In the meantime I’m making “doll baby” shawls out of my swatches(waste not, want not), so far in Barbi, and Bratz sizes. I can’t wait to see the looks on their faces when they see their dolls matching shawls.
Linda