11/28 Good Morning

well, holiday was fantastic and days off with it, and food was sooo good.
I need to get my christmas shopping done. haven’t done anything yet!
no knitting over the past four days either.
I did get the house decorated for Christmas on Sat, but not the tree. we’ll do it this week some time.
how far along are you on christmas shopping?

Last year we got our tree around this time and a week before Christmas we wanted to throw it out so badly! :lol: So this year we are waiting another week or so before getting one. Besides, my gorgeous children broke at least half of the ornaments last year. :rollseyes:

Our Thanksgiving was great and I managed to make some mittens for my disabled brother so I am pretty proud of myself.

Gotta get Tain to school…

no Christmas shopping yet. I still got 2 birthdays to worry about. i was supposed to put up my Christmas decorations this weekend… as i said supposed to. i was worn out for some strange reason so i laid up in bed!! :smiley:

g’morning :smiley: !

I wanted to put the outside lights up yesterday but we never got around to it. now I wanna put those and the tree up NLT next Sunday.
as for shopping, last yr I ordered all of the kid’s presents online the day after Thanksgiving. this yr CV and I still have to figure out how and when we’re gonna shop for him.
finished one clog last night.
today and tomorrow will be nucking futs here at work. I probably won’t get much done at home after work, I’ll just wanna sleep.
me too Carmell, birthday gifts - we have a 1 yr old’s bd party on Sat and a 2 yr old’s the following weend.

carmell, I know what you mean! I slept a lot yesterday. body was just too tired!
arugula, LOL, I know what you mean. I recall one christmas season that the cat and the kids knocked the tree down at least three times. Finally we just propped it up!

jodi, i did lots of online shopping last year and will probably do again this year! if you know exactly what you are after, it cannot be beat!

My week sucked. Holidays should be illegal.

femi, I’m sorry to hear that :frowning: ! I so love holidays & spending time with my CRAZY family :wink:
I was very sick for the 2 days of the holiday & did nothing but sleep, too!
Of course, before I got sick it was a WONDERFUL holiday time with family & friends. My sweet hubby surprised me with my new camera and got a small tree & decorated it so I wouldn’t overdo & injure my leg or hip…he’s a :inlove: sweetie-pie :wink:
And, we are almost all done with Christmas shopping :cheering: :cheering:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :smiley:

I’m about half-way done with my hand made Christmas gifts for my husband’s family and my parents. We’re only shopping for kids (4 of them - niece and nephews) and maybe parents. I’m supposed to spin yarn for my mom for Christmas on the spinning wheel that she got me for Christmas ( :cheering: ). We’ll do most of shopping online, but the kids’ books will be done at the store. But at least I can avoid the mall again this year. I try to avoid it ever since I spent like 3 or 4 Christmas seasons working in retail. shivers I still have nightmares.

i’m jealous FiberGirl!!!:heart: what kind of spinning wheel are you getting!?

So my mom and I went thrift store shopping today. I was disappointed with how many didn’t have any knitting supplies but then we hit the motherload at the ARC: 20 pairs of straight needles plus 5 unmatched, two LONG circulars (size 6 and 8), 2 cable hooks, some crotchet hooks (including a wooden one) and a few stitch markers all for $15. I am pretty happy tonight!

I’m about halfway done with my Xmas stuff already (shopping for and making pressies, that is.)

But i did a lot of my xmas organization in one fell swoop on Saturday when my sister and i went down to Seagrove, NC which is well-known for its pottery. It was fabulous! I love artisans of any nature but i have a deep respect for potters. I even bought something for myself (VERY naughty one month before Xmas!). I couldn’t help it - i got a mug from on of my favorite places, Whynot Pottery. I :heart: their blue pieces!! GORGEOUS! And those tea pots - :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

And for one of my pressies to send back to the UK i’m making knit bathcloths, so i bought some handmade NC goats milk soap and a Seagrove pottery soap dish to go with them. I think she’ll LOVE it.

If you ever have a chance to go to Seagrove, do it! It’s a great day out but VERY hard not to spend money!! :lol:

-hh

I’m getting an Ashford Kiwi. It’s cute, it’s little, it’s got a little bird carved in one of the treadles. We ordered it unfinished, so I’m going to paint the wheel with some cute flowers or something.

Wow, that pottery is GORGEOUS! No wonder you couldn’t help yourself! :smiley: