10" or 12" straights

I like knitting on both circs and straights. However, I do like to use straights when knitting sleeves/scarves/etc. If anyone in knit land does the same, do you get more use out of your 10" or 12" straights.

For those of you that have knit with both, is there a big difference in the feel between the two? For example, I cannot knit with 14"…way too big and hard handle.

Thanks.

My original feeling was the longer the better but I’ve decided I like the shorter ones best…there’s nothing more irritating than poking yourself in the boob when your trying to knit! LOL!

LOL

I like anything between 9 - 12" - the 14" are just too long IMHO.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

That is hilarious!!! I went on a field trip to the Brown Sheep Mill with my LYS knitting group and we got a mystery project complete with needles to knit while on the bus. Thank goodness they were 9" needles!!! Otherwise, there would have been many poked boobs!

:roflhard: So true! I prefer short straights. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. It was helpful!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Oh boy!!! I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. Reminds me of Mel brooke’s History of the world where the french lady stabs herself in the boob and it deflates. :rofling:

Anyway, I prefer the 10" range myself. I have a couple 14"ers and I don’t ever use them.

:rofling: Too funny! I myself prefer longer needles, but am perhaps not so well endowed… :roflhard:

Lynn

:roflhard:

I try to use the shortest my project will fit on, whatever that is.

Since I knit with my left needle resting in my lap or against my stomach, short needles mean that I am poking myself in the boob… against my chest is the best place for dpns! :roflhard: :oops: :roflhard: