10 increases over 128 stitches

How does everyone determine how to make 10 evenly spaced increases of an existing 128 stitches without going insane?

K12, m1, k12, m1, k11, m1, k12, m1, k11, m1, k12, m1, k11, m1, k12, m1, k11, m1, k12, m1, k12

Not perfectly even but balanced!

Thank you. I was doing a knit in front and back for the increases but please tell me how you EASILY determine the correct numbers and balances?

128 divided by 10 = 12.8 You can’t knit 12.8 sts. So 10 x 12 = 120 with 8 left over. You just have to adjust to make up for the .8 and vary your st count. And when I say m1, any inc that you prefer will work. Mary

Thank you again. I did what you did last night but it was late and I’d taken a couple darvacet so (LOL) brain function was not at it’s best. I did the formula in the Vogue book and that was weird and another different forumla in another book, but I THOUGHT by making a little chart it would be even easier. ((Math not a strong suit) So this morning my engineer husband came up with a 4 or 5 step mathematical solution that made my eyes spin … heheheheh Before I tried the formulas last night I did in my head the 10 into 128 with 8 left over … guess I should have just gone with that minus the darvacet. Thanks again.

I would divide the 8 leftover sts between the beginning and the end - k4, m1, k12, m1, etc, ending with m1, k4.