Your tax supported Public Library

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=teal][B]…[/B]can be a good place to find patterns.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=teal]I live in a not so big city in agricultural America. We have a pretty nice library here. They are a member of an [B]Inter-library Loan System.[/B] When my local library doesn’t own a book I’ll like to borrow, they look to see if another member library has it and, if it’s available, they can get for me. Sometimes it takes quite a while. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=teal]It’s a nice way to preview any book you’d like to add to your personal library. It’s also nice if there is only [B]one[/B] thing in a book you’d like to make. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=teal]The Public Library[I] in your town [/I]might have some knitting books ([B][SIZE=2]or other books[/SIZE][/B]) on their shelves you’ve never seen or heard of.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=teal]I :inlove: my library. :slight_smile: And [B]YES[/B], I do still buy books.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I use the library a lot for both regular books and knitting books. I find it’s a good way to preview a book and see if it’s what I want to spend my money on. :thumbsup:

Whenever I move to a new town, a library card is one of the first things I get. I never buy fiction, and very few other books, I’d rather borrow them. And with interlibrary loans, getting a book the local one doesn’t have is very easy. It’s an excellent way to get just a pattern without purchasing the book, or to look at some to see if you want to buy them at some point.

Oh yeah, I love the interlibrary loan! I find what I want online and have it sent to my local library all the time!

Oh yeah, I love the interlibrary loan! I find what I want online and have it sent to my local library all the time!

Jan

That is what I do. That way I can see most of the new knitting books that come out. I also just finished reading “Sweetgum Knit Lit Society” an easy reading novel based around a group of knitters.