You gotta read this

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]HELL As [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]EXPLAINED BY CHEMISTRY STUDENT[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[SIZE=4]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The following is an actual question given on a
University of [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] Washington chemistry mid term.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The answer by one student was so ‘profound’ that the professor[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well :[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] (absorbs heat)?[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] Boyle’s Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]compressed) or some variant.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] One student, however, wrote the following:[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is
changing [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]religions that exist in the world today. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Most of these religions state that if you are not a member [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]than one of these religions and since people do not belong to[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] Hell.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]expand proportionately as souls are added.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]This gives two possibilities:[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] 1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the
rate at [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the
increase [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] of souls in Hell, then the temperature
and pressure will drop [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]until Hell freezes over.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] So which is it?[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Freshman year that, ‘It will be a cold day in Hell before [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I sleep with you,’ and take into account the fact that I slept [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]extinct…leaving only Heaven, thereby
proving the existence of [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]‘Oh my God.’ [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]THIS STUDENT RECEIVED AN A+.[/FONT]
:roflhard:[/SIZE]

That is awesome!

I manage a dorm at MIT so this really resonantes:)

:teehee:
That’s an oldie, but goodie.

Absolutely brilliant!!! - thanks very much for sharing such a great laugh. :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Corker!:chair::chair::chair:

After the rough day I had, I needed that laugh.

Very funny, this gave me a good chuckle, and I’m sending it to some friends, but it’s still just an urban legend- here is some interesting background: http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp