Yo p 2 tog ... yikes

Okay, so I’m doing the aforementioned stitch… and for some reason, I’ll do one, and I go to repeat the stitch and my yarn is too tight to work with… I’m not pulling my yarn -that I’m aware of- so I don’t understand. Any suggestions for doing this easily??? Thanks for any help/advice! :muah:

Which yarn is too tight? Is it the yarn on your left needle or the yarn on your right? If it’s the right needle, i would give the P2 a little anti-tug before you do the YO. Try to pull the 2tog stitches down away from your right needle after you make the stitch so you have a little extra give. That should help.

I also sometimes have problems with my k2togs and my p2togs being too tight because I pull too tight just trying to get them back through the loops.

I don’t really know what to suggest if you’re having problems with the yarn on the left being too tight…

Hope this helps!

Unfortunately, it’s the yarn on the left… I’m leaving everything rather loose as I’m knitting up the rows that require this stitch… I’m afraid I’m never going to get my project finished! yikes!!! :shrug:

hmm… I’m trying to think of a good suggestion for you. Can you maybe skooch your 2 stitches to the end of the needle where it’s tapered? Maybe then you can work them…

Are you purling 2 tog as a regular purl stitch and not through the back?

Yes, I’m actually doing the Reversible Shamrock Dishtowel from this site. I’m currently trying a few practice stitches to see if I can figure out what I’ve done wrong…

Any suggestions?

:thinking: When you’re doing your yo between the p2tog, are you bringing your yarn up over the needle and around to the front again?

Usually, when stitches are too tight to knit, it’s because they’re twisted, which is why I wanted to make sure you weren’t purling the two together through the back loop.

Sometimes, though, it’s the nature of the beast.

I think that may have been the problem!!! I’m still working on my practice stitches to isolate the issue but that seems to have helped… maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention to what I was doing. Thank you!!! :muah:

It worked!!! Thank you all!!! :muah: :heart: :cheering: :happydance: :hug: