Could someone please explain to me what “yfwd” is and how to do this.
I cannot find a reference to it in any book I have.

yarn forward: bring the yarn between the needles to the front of the work

Thank you very much. That seems so simple, I feel stupid!!

Don’t feel stupid, it’s just another way of saying YO (yarn over).

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

So are they basically the same thing? I was just about to ask the same question, but I’ve been working YO and am familiar with that move.

I think YFWD means the same as YO… but be careful it doesn’t mean just “bring yarn forward through needles as if to purl”, which doesn’t create a stitch like YO does.

Yarn forward is just that. If it’s followed by a knit stitch it creates a yarn-over, but it’s not only used for that.

ETA: Ooops, just missed Ingrid’s post! :oops:

Thank you all for your help. I do believe it is the same as YO. The pattern book was published in the UK and there is no reference to YO in any of the patterns–only YFWD.
Thanks again.
“Milliev” AKA Lynn

uk knitting abbreviations are different to US ones, so in this case YFwd is what you guys call YO